Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32-20 mold

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    I have that mold, and no, it's not for sale!
    ok, Thanks!

Boolit Grand Master
    olfarmer, if I were in your place and looking for a light bullet for the 32-20, I’d probably be following the well informed advice from Outpost75. I don’t have that much experience with light bullets in my 32-20s but he knows whereof he speaks.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I too have been looking for the classic 90gr mold, the Ideal/Lyman 311419. Turns out that Accurate does have a copy of it they sell: See this link 31-085E.

NOE also has a copy they sell, but it's out of stock, and they don't cut on demand like Accurate does. But here is their version: NOE 311-90-RF.

I have been looking for that mold as it is basically the design I am wanting for my 7.62x25 rifle, but is also useful in the 32-20 and the 30 Badger/Reece. I designed a new bullet a while back, and if I can't find a used 311419, I think I'm going to go ahead and have it cut by Accurate. But this is basically the same design sans the lube grooves - PCing I don't need them...

Here is a slightly modified version that should conform to Accurate's requirements, and dropping a tad larger at .312. If you're interested in having it cut you're welcome to use the design.

Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Buddy

I use Accurate, Noe Molds & older Lyman molds
    Any will be excellent if in good condition

Boolit Master
    Heads up, I went ahead and emailed Tom over at Accurate the dimensions of my design I posted above. When he gets back with a mold identifier number I'll post it here if anyone is interested.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Mold
    I still like the Lee 90gr SWC, tumble lube bullet, in .314" Been working great for me. You can sometimes find original Winchester .32-20 molds online, have one, but haven't used it yet. Looks like it should cast well, think around 100gr?

Boolit Grand Master

My original Winchester mold is a very close copy of the Lyman 008 115gr mold.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Wayne, this is a “chicken or the egg” situation. I believe the Winchester mould may have come first, followed closely by Talbot’s Ideal 3118, or it may have been the other way around.

Regardless, if ever there was a case of a “tried and true” design, this is it. With minor evolution, this same bullet has been around for about a century and a half. NOE made a heavier (125 gr) copy which is “just right” for my 337 Fed Mag, but the OP wants to go lighter for his particular application. If he gets a 105 gr to go with a 311008 in 115+/- he can make a variety of 32-20s or just about any other 32 pistol.

Then again, you can do like me and get 10 or 12 or more 32 cal moulds and spend lots of time trying to figure out which one to use next! . Which reminds me… I need to load a big batch of 32 S&W Longs for my niece’s Model 30-1 and my K32 and my I frame 32 HE snub.

Your Friend the Frog
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12