WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Antique 14ga Shotgun

Antique 14ga Shotgun

Found an antique (black powder) cartridge shotgun in 14ga. Any ideas how to reload for it? Meaning what could be used to make 14ga cases. It seems that 16 ga is .8mm (.031) smaller than 14 ga.

Is it one of those Martini Greener police shotguns? I have seen those converted to 12g which basically gives you a full length full choke.
    He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily. Nahum 2:1

ballistic products had 24ga. brass shells when i needed them - try emailing them -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Hopkin and Allen

Boolit Master
    Not exactly the same - but Larry Pottersfield had a fantastic video of making brass shells and loading for an 11 gauge shotgun.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I did a search online and found Graf and Sons carry some all brass 14 ga. hulls. They are very pricey but if you want to shoot it you might have to pay for them once and reload them forever after.
    I have a 18 ga. Whitney rolling block shotgun and had to pay for custom lathe turned brass from RMC back about 10 years ago but they will last forever as I don’t try to crimp them. I have loaded shot and lead round balls in mine and even killed a hog with it. Wads are available in 14 ga. so you can load them yourself. I have never seen 14 ga. loaded ammo for sale.
    Jedman

http://rockymountaincartridge.com/products.htm

They have 14g brass hulls listed...NOT cheap at 12 bucks each but considering they are made one at a time on a lathe...it's not that expensive. You gotta pay to play.
    He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily. Nahum 2:1

RMC is actually lower priced than the hulls that Graf sells. Prices keep rising so I doubt you can find them for less.
    Jedman

Boolit Master
    What fun, and good luck! I had a little Damascus-barrelled 14-gauge percussion shottie a while back and it was quite useful. Wads from Circle Fly, of course.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I still have that 14 gauge ball mold. An Ideal