Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy an old/classic RCBS ROCK CHUCKER or a new RCBS ROCK CHUCKER SUPREME?

Boolit Buddy
    I have an older Rock Chucker and a partner press. I like the primer setup on the Rock Chucker, not fond of the new primer setup on the partner. It looks like RCBS is using the newer primer set up on all there presses now.

OLD??? I'm still using my original Rock Chucker I bought new the first year of production, 1967. It has loaded ten's of thousands of rounds, & it still works perfectly. I would not be one bit worried about old....

Love my 1990 Rockchucker. I also am using a RS . I would prefer an older one but would not hesitate to buy a new one .

Boolit Master

I have a 1969 Rock Chucker that will never leave my possession willingly.

I gave it a light and a rocker handle for it's 50th birthday.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, so I ended up buying a lightly used Rock Chucker Supreme and a used Rock Chucker...actually two Rock Chuckers (by mistake...a good mistake). They are all due to arrive next week so I'll see how it goes.

Boolit Master
    I do Not understand why it has to be RCBS??? I have owned any number of Name Presses...Kept the Redding and the Pacific!!!
    and will Never give up my little Lee's!!!

Boolit Master
    Some like Dodge or Ford. Others like Chevy.

Boolit Master
    ^^^ Yup... some is Fussy-er than others...

Boolit Buddy
    So my looking at RCBS is "Fussy-er"? Only person that has the right to say she/he is not"Fussy-er" about presses is a person has doesn't even care to own one. If a person doesn't like the topic of a thread...they should ignore it and move on. I do already own a Forster Co-Ax, an AREA 419 press, had a redding turret and sold it, just last nyte ordered a new LEE CLASSIC, never owned a DILLON or a Hornady...did own an RCBS ROCK CHUCKER a few years ago but it was an impulse buy and sold it before I ever tried it. Again, this was just some extra money and hadn't bought myself anything in a while.
    Last edited by THE_ANTIDOTE; 03-29-2024 at 03:10 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    So, why Redding, why Pacific, and why LEE? How much better is the quality and concentricity of your ammo on these vs an RCBS? Can you even tell the difference?

Boolit Master
    ^^ Nope... I may need to get Fussy-er

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 1969 and 1974 Rock Chucker. I like them both very much, BUT, I'm also fond of an older Lyman O-Mag. Tried the Lee single stage presses but didn't care for them, but will never part with the old original Lee 3 hole turret that I converted to the 4 hole version.

Boolit Buddy
    racepres, if I didn't know any better...I'd say you're sweet on me. That's okay, I'm giving you permission to say what you gotta say because I believe that even a man who acts like a woman deserves a chance to speak. I asked you a legitimate question and am anxiously awaiting your expert response on the differences in concentricity and quality between your presses and a rock chucker... If not for me, do it for the knowledge others will gain from your wisdom.

Boolit Master
    Antidote; Something I have never gave a Moments Thought, nor spent Any time Measuring!!

Boolit Master

I have owned single stages from CH, Redding, and 5 presses from RCBS. I had a beautiful late model first generation Rock Chucker (about 1980, I believe) and two different Rock Chucker IV (Supreme). I now have two single stages: Summit and a Rock Chucker IV (Supreme). I like the new Rock Chucker model a tad better mainly because it feels like a touch more leverage, and the ergonomics suit me better. I let the gen 1 go to a member here. Some days I regret it since it was such a "like new" specimen.

Regarding where made, my current generation Rock Chuckers said "Made in the USA" when new 19 and 22 years ago, respectively, but I recently turned a box over at the LGS. It still says Made in the USA.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Quote Originally Posted by THE_ANTIDOTE View Post
    Well, so I ended up buying a lightly used Rock Chucker Supreme and a used Rock Chucker...actually two Rock Chuckers (by mistake...a good mistake). They are all due to arrive next week so I'll see how it goes.
    I don't think you will wear either one out. Mine is 46 yrs old and still runs like it did when new. The only reason I would consider another one would be for the really large caliber cases. I have to use my buddies big Lyman to load 470 Nitro's but it doesn't take a lot of those to get us by....thankfully.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I own Ford, Chevy and Dodge diesel pickups, Likewise I have Lee, RCBS, Hornady and CH presses. They all get the job done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12