Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the furniture prices going crazy?

Boolit Mold

Are the furniture prices going crazy?

Just had a glance at some online furniture options since my wife believes it's time for an update. Two recliners are totaling $5k!

I haven't search for furniture for years, but is it just me, or are furniture prices skyrocketing these days?

Boolit Mold
    I hope so, it will keep the timber prices up!

The good stuff has always cost more.

Check on Amazon. They have a bunch in all price ranges.
    But one of the fancy electric ones with a battery back up for getting out of it when you loose power
    is going to be around $2,000.oo or so.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

I see some decent looking used recliners on FB marketplace for $25 to $75. The electric lift ones are usually $50 more.
    I think you got some crazy prices out there on the Left coast.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I see some decent looking used recliners on FB marketplace for $25 to $75. The electric lift ones are usually $50 more.
    I think you got some crazy prices out there on the Left coast.

Sorry, I'm not too big on bringing something that someone else's butt has been lounging on in God knows what state of dress into my home.

Boolit Master

It's not the prices rising as much as the dollars you have to spend are worth less. Mostly because there are more of them floating around, Covid recovery spending, you know.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

I look around and buy used unless it's upholstery or bedding. Hard surface objects can be easily cleaned. The stuff with fabric and stuffing though..... Nah. Not interested.

Moderator Emeritus

We got a couch and sofa, power reclining ends, center storage on one and flip down on the other. Usb ports.. About $1,600 at Bob's Furniture. Check them out online. They were delivered 12/29/23. So far we really like them.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    last summer I was looking into some new furniture for mothers house. wayfair online seemed like a very good option with reviews of items by real buyers of the items and free shipping, yeah I know, nothing is ever really free. some of the stuff is really junk but some of it has good reviews and very low cost compared to the big furniture stores off of the interstate. AS far as used furniture, be careful what you bring into your home. I have neighbor who bought used refrigerator and infested her house with German cockroaches then a used sofa infested the place with bed bugs. Orkin quoted $2600 to exterminate the bed bugs. might want to treat anything used first before bringing in home and bottom line on bed bugs is minimum 24 hours of freezing below a certain temp or steam or heat and diatomaceous earth are the only proven ways to kill those nasty buggers. the stuff sold in stores that says it kills bed bugs DOES NOT WORK, proven ineffective by a extensive independent scientific study.

Boolit Master
    Costco for the win.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Sorry, I'm not too big on bringing something that someone else's butt has been lounging on in God knows what state of dress into my home.
    Then buy new!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I don't know where you looked for a recliner, but their prices are too high. We bought a sectional sofa for $6000 a few months ago. Now that's a reasonable price for a sofa. I can't imagine myself paying more. I think such a price is enough to show that the product is of high quality.
    As for where we got it, we bought it from What A Room, a store with customizable couches. They also have recliners, with prices ranging from $400 to $1000. So you could check it out.
    Last edited by PuppetZ; 03-25-2024 at 06:36 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Where much of the variations come in is store front cost. I imagine downtown Miami is more expensive than Silver Star MT. Especially since there is only one commercial building in Silver Star.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuceTwo View Post
    I hope so, it will keep the timber prices up!
    Two mills shut down here in Montana this week, wood is going to go up!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Stay away from Ashley, they are not the company they used to be. We bought a dinning room set for about $900 and it is a peace, I've already used the warranty on the table and two chairs.

Boolit Master
    Ashley makes different tear levels, from big box competition to very high end furniture. You gets what ya pays for with the same name on it.

Boolit Master
    We had an issue with a recliner purchased from Ashley. We bought a pair and one leaned to far back and the foot rest wouldn't come out as far as the other. Notified them the day after the chair was delivered. It took weeks of pleading with them before they would finally agree to replace the bad one.
    Refund was impossible to obtain. We will NEVER buy from them again
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

I work in a Furniture store.

Avoid Ashley.

Avoid Ashley.

Avoid Ashley.

OH, and for two recliners expect to spend about 2K for something decent. 5K makes me smile...

You have to really shop around for good prices on furniture. I see prices the store pays vs what we sell for. Let's just say it's generous.

I dont know why furniture cost would be any different than anything else. EVERYTHING has skyrocketed here except wages.

I was just thinking...... people including myself worry about upholstery but buy used vehicles all the time.

There's really no difference. People do anything and everything in vehicles. Either internationally, accidentally or spontaneously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast