Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bullet feeder for Star lube sizer

Bullet feeder for Star lube sizer

I am looking for a bullet feeder for my Star lube sizer, if there is one somewhere not being used, I would love to buy it.

Boolit Master

Do you have the heater base?
    Magma’s requires the heater base.

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    Do you have the heater base?
    Magma’s requires the heater base.
    No, I do not have the original genuine heater base, but I do have a self made one....if I could get my hands on a Magma Star bullet feeder I will make it work somehow.

Boolit Master

Magma/Star lubrisizers do not require a heater base. I have 2 Magma bullet feeders and neither one has a heater base. It will need to be bolted to whatever base/benchtop the sizer is on, though.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one collecting dust as I have switched to powder coating. Make me an offer. Pm preferrred.
    Are you talking about the bullet feeder or the collater?
    Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Magma/Star lubrisizers do not require a heater base. I have 2 Magma bullet feeders and neither one has a heater base. It will need to be bolted to whatever base/benchtop the sizer is on, though.
    Thanks for that info Springfield. I was under the impression that you have to bolt it into the corresponding holes in the heater base. So that is good news for me!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by hermans View Post
    Thanks for that info Springfield. I was under the impression that you have to bolt it into the corresponding holes in the heater base. So that is good news for me!
    It depends on the lube you are using. Soft lubes don't require heat. Hard lubes absolutely require heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    It depends on the lube you are using. Soft lubes don't require heat. Hard lubes absolutely require heat.
    I do have a heated base, as I was using White Label's commercial type lube, and that was pretty hard and had to be heated, but it is a self made one.
    But I have changed to PC some years back, and was thinking of using my Star, which is sitting idle now to size my PC boolits, but I think bullet feeder would make it a lot faster? At the moment I am using my RCBS Rockchucker with a Lee push trough die setup, and that is very slow and my arm is really not like the long stroke of this setup....I am sure the Star with a bullet feeder should be faster but also a little easier on my arm, of course the lube side of the Star would be "disconnected".
    But now my dilemma is that Magma is no more.....so I am hoping a fellow caster would have one lying somewhere that is not used anymore