Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 25 ACP reloading blues

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    If I found a pearl grips Bauer in good shape I would buy it for the wife.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Here is my setup; Armi Galesi with homemade grips, and also homemade loading block. Cast boolits, of course.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25 auto.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	324794

I really like the little Galesi, but I have read elsewhere that they commonly have a problem with non-functional safety, which is true of mine. It hasn't been a big problem since I only shoot it at the range. A bigger problem for me is the lack of last round slide lock, but I just choose to live with that.

BTW: legally one may only use a discarded coffee cup for dipping powder charges.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    If I found a pearl grips Bauer in good shape I would buy it for the wife.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3850.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	324796

Save your money for a Baby Browning: the Bauer copies were very problematic. Back in 1979, the Gun shop I was working at quit carrying them due to the high return rate and poor customer service. My own example was not reliable and kept losing the trigger. The early guns with the black plastic grips were particularly suspect, though I am told that the faux pearl handled ones made later were better.

The name later changed to Fraser Arms. There's a lot of info floating around on the internet, but I take much of it with a grain of salt. Much of it boils down to "Mine-worked-great-in-the-half-box-of-shooting-I-did-with-it." The later PSA guns aren't bad, so I am told, but I have no hands on with them. They are darned expensive for a vest pocket, 25 ACP pistol.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Thanks, I appreciate the info. The PSA's are reportedly as good as FN and in fact FN considers them to be the current OEM for the Baby Browning.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    Dang. The Baby makes everything look huge, even the original LCP. A one and a half finger grip below the trigger guard will do that.

Strangely, I can shoot a tiny handgun as good or better than a fullsize even though I have large hands. I guess it makes sense, given I practice with my CCW guns more than the range guns.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123