MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Single Stage Presses

Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post
    Have found that using single stage presses in a row with a couple extra shell holders allows me to resize, move my case to a cheap zinc cast light duty Lee press to flair the case mouth and then charge the case. At this point I can set my cast boolit into the charged case and move it into the third Lee light duty press to seat and lightly crimp the finished reload.
    So… it sounds like you have created the world’s largest linear turret press.

(I use an RCBS4 in line with my compact turret press. Sometimes you just need that extra “umph” to resize.)

Boolit Master
    I do something similar. The weakness of a turret or progressive is if you clean out your primer pockets - decapping is a single stage operation. I prefer to expand the case mouth before seating a primer, so that is sometimes a single stage operation. Then how well does your press handle priming? When I first got my T7, primers would not seat below flush. The turret is loosening up now, so on-press priming is getting more effective. There are times when the turret is just to seat & crimp as a 2-stage operation, and everything else is single stage.
    On the other hand, when using virgin brass, and if the primers seat with the on-press priming feature… I can do everything from sizing the case to final crimp on the turret. That’s a good day.

Boolit Master
    I have about 20 presses but not a lot of room in my gun room. I have only two presses set up a Dillon 550b and a Bonanza CO-AX. The 550 has dedicated die plates for my popular pistol rounds and the CO-AX changes so fast there isn't much reason to line up three presses. If I wanted to fully load each round for limited runs of ammo, I would set up my Lyman AA. However I usually batch size, prime, charge and seat cases.

Boolit Master
    I load all my rifle ammo on multiple single stage presses. Since all my brass is completely prepped and hand primed all I do is powder drop on the first press, seat bullet on the second press, then crimp on a third press. I am thinking about setting up my 550 for .223 though.

Boolit Buddy
    I had a two station similar to that, I got it from my uncle along with a rifle when he stopped shooting competitively. That one was only two stage. Loaded a lot of ammo on that one. Zero issues with it. Set up the dies and start loading. Had a powder dispenser and scale beside it on a shelf above. Loaded a lot of ammo on that set up!