WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: .410 ar 15 upper

Boolit Master

.410 ar 15 upper

Have any of you fired one? What brand functions best?
    And
    Also do any of you know of a single manufacturer that makes .45 acp, 10 mm auto, 9x19, .40 sw.. 357 sig, uppers?
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

I have never shot one but I have heard more than once they work....really good and are fairly inexpensive. Got my eye out for one now also.
    Brand names I couldn't guess but its got to be a short list.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Buddy
    Bear creek makes a 410, 45 acp 10mm and a 9mm. No experience with them

Moderator Emeritus

I have a Charles Daly 410 AR15 upper that I bought in 2020. I've only had an issue with the original magazine sent and Chiappa Firearms replaced it (had to go back through emails). Mine is a lot of fun. Basically got it for my gf to shoot but I like it. Hope you reload .410. Can't help you out on single manufacturers of the uppers question. Good luck.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    T Y for all the answers.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/410...sch-upper.html

This thread got me looking. Received an in stock notification this morning. Their version has a 3” chamber but 2-1/2” are all that fit into magazines.

Boolit Master
    Just ordered the Bear Creek .10 upper. They only had full rifles in the desired calibers. They dont list a magazine for it. Any clues as to where/which magazine I should buy?

Boolit Buddy
    In the 26 reviews for the upper on the BCA website some magazines were mentioned. The reviews implied the five round units were more reliable and less chance of rim lock.

I think someone referred to them as IFC?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B6AEE508-2CE6-4038-A034-2A5C299D4A1A.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	324726
    Last edited by Barry54; 03-18-2024 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Attached photo for magazine recommendations

Boolit Master
    Ok, got .410 15 round mags ordered, 5 rd. out of stock. Ordered .45 & .40 upper from Pro2q Tactical. They listed the .40 glock mag adapter, but no .45 acp adapter at all. I prefer an ar 15 to glock .45 adapter as that's my go to gun. But I'm willing to buy another brand if necessary. Any hints?

Boolit Master
    I have given up on bear creek. I cant get their site to take my orders. This is the 3rd time. Strike3 your out.

Any of you ever felt with patriot defense armory? Ordered a Charles bailey. 410 upper from them. Had trouble with paypal and wound up sending 2 payments by F&F. Haven't received the requested refund or shipping info from them.

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds like a scam site paying with pay pal.

Too bad. I was looking forward to hearing how a 410 upper ran. Bear Creek supplies the AR Stoner barrels and uppers to MidwayUSA. They are a legitimate business.
    Last edited by Barry54; 03-28-2024 at 07:43 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Yep. 100% scam. The website let me add 8 pounds each of red, green and blue dot to cart. Proceed to checkout and no credit card payment accepted. Just fraud friendly methods.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Barry54 View Post
    Sounds like a scam site paying with pay pal.

Too bad. I was looking forward to hearing how a 410 upper ran. Bear Creek supplies the AR Stoner barrels and uppers to MidwayUSA. They are a legitimate business.
    I posted in #5 how mine worked.

Boolit Master
    The cost and the often spotty availability of 2.5 inch .410 shells is an issue for me. Also what would I use it for? I have other shotguns for killing things.

Boolit Buddy
    My .410 upper works okay but not all 2 1/2" shells are short enough to run through the magazines. Fun toy but practicality is something else.

I built an SBR in 10mm using a lower from Joe Bob Outfitters and misc. other parts from them and others.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10mm SBR resized.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	325217

After this photo I Duracoated the metal parts to match.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I posted in #5 how mine worked.
    Sorry Mr Wolf. I should have been more specific. I wanted to see how a Bear Creek Arsenal 410 upper worked.