RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Lee Precision

Boolit Buddy

Lee Precision

Went to order some few things and it seems Lee is using something called Stripe which incurs a fee. Too late to call them or I would. Anyone familiar with this???

Are you trying to buy directly from the Lee website?
    I've never heard of Stripe.
    I'd just to to Titan Reloading and buy from there. They have about everything Lee makes.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Paul View Post
    Are you trying to buy directly from the Lee website?
    I've never heard of Stripe.
    I'd just to to Titan Reloading and buy from there. They have about everything Lee makes.

Sometimes for less too.

Moderator Emeritus

I bought $12 worth of small parts 10 days ago. Nothing called stripe was involved. Same stuff from Titan was $17.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    It's called a 'digital payment processing fee' and amounts to $4.20 on a $119.00 purchase which is roughly 4%. I'll call Lee when they open up and inquire. I've always just entered my cc# before when ordering for the last 30 years or so.

Yep, they are now charging you as a customer for the credit card processing fees. 4% is about 1.5%too high for a company that large in my opinion. I charge my customers (started last fall) 3% or $1 minimum for taking credit cards. It costs me roughly 2.75% to take a credit card and I got tired of eating it. It has made my cash payments go up 20 to 30%. On a company like Lee, a million dollars in sales is $15 to 30k in charges. That's over half or so of an employee's wages for a year.

Oh, go to the DMV and pay with a CC or debit card.... they charge you the fee too.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    After talking to Lee, I find that they are using a third party (Stripe) to process cards. The bigger problem, as I see it, is the possibility of said third party getting hacked. If you have been hacked, as happened to me, the repair process is both time consuming and tedious.

Stripe has been around for 20 or more years. You'll be hacked when you are hacked. (Been there and had it happen to several cards and banks). Buy from Titan.....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLesan View Post
    Went to order some few things and it seems Lee is using something called Stripe which incurs a fee. Too late to call them or I would. Anyone familiar with this???
    Try ordering from a local dealer. They often have cheaper prices as they get a dealer discount.

Boolit Grand Master

Avoid the Stripe thing ... that third party payment thing makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up ... just don't go there .

Order from Titan Reloading ... good people and safe .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Was ordering a custom neck sizing die so best to go direct to Lee. Lee offers NO dealer discounts on custom orders for Titan or anyone else.

I always just punch up whatever Lee product I'm looking for on Ebay, and it usually comes up -- with free shipping. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master

Credit card companies, - Mastercard and Visa are reluctant to supply financial payment services to folks who deal in firearms and ammo. This is becoming a problem in Canada.
    The banks in Canada are also refusing to loan money to any business that is firearm related.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...