Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Winchester model 1895 lever action in 30-06

Boolit Master

Winchester model 1895 lever action in 30-06

Was out of state for a couple of days picking up some stuff left in storage when I moved from North Central Pa to Tn. recently. Visited a couple of old familiar gun shop owners and came upon a couple of guns I liked, one of which I laid away as I couldn't let it go. It is a very nice Winchester model 1895 lever action in 30-06. Very old, very nice reblue, I had to look very closely to see it had been reblued and I think the stock set was an upgrade, about a AA grade with some beautiful burl features.

Bore was perfect.

Shop owner and I dickered for a moment and we finally arrived at a $1,400.00 price with half down and the balance in 60 days.

Don't know about you guys but I haven't seen a nice 1895 under $2000.00 for years.

The next shop I visited had a Winchester 94 Classic with the heavy oct. barrel from the factory, doesn't look like it has ever been shot, no wear anywhere and perfect blue and stock finish. Price was set at $685.00.

I'd love to add this one to my collection and this shop owner is a friend and if I want something he will often go out of his way to make it happen with price rollback, layaway (which he doesn't offer to most of his customers).

His shop is up in the mountains in a hunjter's paradise but, while he has a client base that often travels hundreds of miles to visit his shop his location is definitely a hinderance to moving items quickly.

I'm thinking about calling today now that I'm home and have thought about it and offer him $650.00 with three down and balance in 30 days. I think it will make a nice 30-30 cast bullet shooter.

What's your opinion about these prices? I think both guns were priced reasonably, but then, I don't get out much.

Anybody know the approximate time period that Winchester made this "Classic"; I'm guessing sometime in the mid 80's, but my recollection is getting worse as I get older.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

True you don't see any nice 95s, especially takedown, for under 2k. However, being a reblue the gun is basically worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I have an original 95 takedown w 95% barrel blue and 70% receiver. Would never go less than 2300.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 03-16-2024 at 06:10 PM.

Boolit Master
    I would be all over a Win 95 in that shape for $1400. Only thing you would hear is the swish of my wallet coming out...

Great pickup on the 1895. Hope you get both but you already got the best one.

Boolit Master
    685 is a good price. About what paid for a nice 1972 standard model a year or so ago. I paid a bit more for a 100 year anniversary model with octagonal barrel. Get both, they ain’t making them like that any more and they are simply beautiful to look at.

Both sound like good prices. The reblue doesn't hurt my feelings, if it was a bit older job and decent, its just part of the history of the gun (a part that makes it cheaper).
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Both sound like good prices. The reblue doesn't hurt my feelings, if it was a bit older job and decent, its just part of the history of the gun (a part that makes it cheaper).
    I wouldnt haggle on the classic - pay the man straight up it a good price already.

Boolit Master
    I contacted the shop owner on the Classic and we agreed to $650.00...Next trip up to Pa it will come home with me.
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.