Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Magma Engineering Going Out of Business

Boolit Master

Magma Engineering Going Out of Business

I heard about this on another website. Seems like they're folding up shop and putting everything up for auction. (several pages of stuff) I'll post a link, but if it is against any site rules Mods let me know and we'll take it down. Kinda sad to see them go. https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auc...7?pagesize=120

Boolit Grand Master

Various posts here on this but thanks for the auction listings. I wish I was closer.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ut-of-business

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...Magma-are-gone
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

So sad to hear that...I want a bullet feeder for my Star, kept on postponing the purchase....now it is too late
    I will have to make one for myself now......

Yeah bummer. Price of my magma just went up, or down of it breaks.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

I'm certainly sad to hear it. I wish I'd had the chance to pick up a master caster.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master

WOW, just WOW. I guess I should be happy I never pulled the trigger on a Star sizer or Magma caster. I can’t believe *someone* isn’t going to buy the rights to these and keep on producing them…..

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    WOW, just WOW. I guess I should be happy I never pulled the trigger on a Star sizer or Magma caster. I can’t believe *someone* isn’t going to buy the rights to these and keep on producing them…..

Art
    I, on the other hand, am happy I got my Master Caster a few years ago. I have had a Sizer for 5 years and recently bid on another one. I don't need it, but it will not go down in value and nice to have a spare.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

I looked at the auction machinery and tools to go down on March 21 st. Only saw one double acting vise(the vise necessary for cutting the mould cavities) and a few hundred completed moulds. Wonder what will happen to all the cherries(term for the cavity cutters)???? To bad they are quitting business. I really like my Master Caster. Makes a lot of cast boolits! Sold my big Rotary Magma Super Caster as it is too much to run. It uses 6 two cavity moulds. Will easily make 1500 boolits an hour. I do have a bunch of moulds but is always nice to be able to order a new mould for another caliber. Hopefully someone young and ambitious will buy all the fixtures and tooling and offer Magma style replacement moulds.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know if Magma ever machined their own molds? On another link someone posted the name of the machine shop that was doing the molds for them.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post

Art
    The Star sizer is the best in the business. I'm very happy I have mine. It's built well so parts shouldn't be an issue. It does use some off the shelf rubber rings that I was able to buy on Amazon.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I don't know if Magma ever machined their own molds? On another link someone posted the name of the machine shop that was doing the molds for them.
    someone posted that nwesti.com had made molds for them I had posted I didn't think so
    as they make Iron molds but mostly sell to the commercal casters I called mark the owner he said he had not

you can see a cherrying fixture on a bridgeport in the auction sale catalog
    the guy that cut the molds got a job somewhere else a few years ago but came back to work for them
    also they couldn't get the grade of iron they used for molds they finally found a company in spain
    that put them way behind

Boolit Master
    You'd figure that a company like that would sell the business as a whole, up and running, to someone who wanted to keep the line going. I don't know if the owner reached out to anyone to gauge interest, but that is what I would have done....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    You'd figure that a company like that would sell the business as a whole, up and running, to someone who wanted to keep the line going. I don't know if the owner reached out to anyone to gauge interest, but that is what I would have done....
    I thought it was said that it was sold to someone in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    I thought it was said that it was sold to someone in Australia?
    Yes, it was. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557203067249
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow other than the one lot of sizer dies everything went way under market value for the area I am in. The site locked up, so I only looked at about 1/2 of what was sold.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer