Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Midwest reloads is it a scam?

Boolit Buddy
    Midwestreloads is a scam

We are not punishing and jailing people that the police catch stealing, mugging and committing violent crimes so scams like this are even further done the priority list. They are so common that I am to the point that if I even have to ask I am walking away.

Boolit Buddy
    I will also assume that most of these scams are originating outside of the US, so the ability to arrest the people gets even more complicated.

There are even fake scams for trusted companies. Marlin Firearms keeps having one pop up. My son found a 357 Dark a couple years ago NIB and luckily mentioned it before he bought it. Had to break it to him the site he was looking on keeps getting taken down because it's a scam. They were even selling some winchesters listed as marlins. Also last fall was looking at 375Win brass and found it instock at starline, or at least what I thought was starline until noticing that everything was in stock and at a great price. Both of those sites only took cashapp/zelle/PP/venmo/bitcoin.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ddeck22 View Post
    I will also assume that most of these scams are originating outside of the US, so the ability to arrest the people gets even more complicated.
    Yes Sir! That is surely the reason most of this activity continues.

Mods, do we have a thread that list know scam websites for our members to reference?

Boolit Grand Master
    Anyone here live close to them.
    Maybe go over there are check them out for us.
    If it sounds to goo to be true, it probably is.
    Unless they are like evil bay sellers, that pack on the handling charges, to make up the difference.

Boolit Master
    They have way too many items in stock that are rarely available in most places. One such is IMR 4320 powder - a favorite of mine - but was discontinued years ago. Also all their IMR 8lb powder cans are about $200 cheaper than legitimate sources. I'd love for their prices to be true but they can't be. Also they have a BUNCH of LR primers and we all know the likelihood of that. I would run from these guys.

Not often enough. Hate scammers we need to bring back hangings for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    I like the tar and feather thing much more, but agree...
    How about "compromise"?

After tar and feathering, run them out of town on a rail straight to the hanging tree.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Arg! Walk de plank matey!

Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Arg! Walk de plank matey!
    That works too...providing you have some hungry sharks.

Boolit Buddy
    there are several sites like this. if you look closely, you`ll notice the sites look exactly the same maybe diff. color background.
    they always seem to have a "chat" pop-up on the lower right side of site. contact info is ALMOST ALWAYS just an email.
    and the payment options are all zelle, venmo & the like. basically if they dont take a credit card, its a sham/scam site.
    and more likely than not, every bit of reloading hazmat is instock & way cheaper.

Boolit Master
    over the years ive learned though my mistakes and when buying reloading supplies ive found it wise to only buy from just a few places that includes, mid south shooters supply, Grafs , powder valley, midway, ballistic products and places like norma usa and nosler or direct from hogdon seems like a sure thing although ive yet to try this. if you cant put your hands on it and pay for it before you walk out the door this is a way to stay safe. if something seems too good to be true it probably is

Boolit Master
    just remember "Think with You head not with any other body parts"
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Being an honest man, maybe naive, I would think I would be quickly jailed and fined.
    But there are more and more thieves, not less. Have we lost the Rule of Law?
    We ruined the telephone, nobody will answer one.
    I had to write to my daughter to tell her my new tracphone number.
    Remember mail? That letter took a week and two days, AZ to MD.
    USPS has ponies again? Slow ponies at that...
    Yes, we as a nation have lost the rule of law. The Pittsburgh, PA police will now not respond to anything other than violent felonies, and not even those from 3:00 AM to 7:00 AM because their dispatch office is unmanned during that time! Thank liberal Demonrat commies (but I repeat myself) for that.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    Yes, we as a nation have lost the rule of law. The Pittsburgh, PA police will now not respond to anything other than violent felonies, and not even those from 3:00 AM to 7:00 AM because their dispatch office is unmanned during that time! Thank liberal Demonrat commies (but I repeat myself) for that.
    I would think commie police would just shoot em and be done with it

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I would think commie police would just shoot em and be done with it
    Yes!
    Our police fire warning shots.
    Commies shoot the suspects and let that be a warning for the rest!

Boolit Buddy
    I recently purchased from two smaller reloading companies because they had good deals on primers. I checked the sites thoroughly, made sure that they allowed cc purchases and checked other forums to see if they were legitimate. Both were fine and the products arrived and work fine. Turns out they were ammo remanufacturing companies that had bought out another company and just had excess to sell off.

Banned
    Right now anyone claiming to have Red Dot or Promo or Unique in stock is most likely a scammer.

Even more so when the creation date on the bottom of the website main page is THE CURRENT DATE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12