Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my dad this afternoon.

Your Dad was of a better generation whose loss we are all feeling and missing today..

Lost mine last Thanksgiving. He made it to 91. I was very blessed to have had him as well as my mom is still with us. Memories. Prayers for peace and comfort to you and your family.

Boolit Master

My sincere condolences to you and your family. As others have shared, I lost my Dad 12 years ago and still think of him everyday. The pain of loss fades and the good memories remain, it takes time.

James

Boolit Grand Master

My condolences to you and your family. It is a great loss, but a reminder that we have a responsibility to those who come after us, too. Your Dad fulfilled his, as did my dad. I pray that I have as well.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

You were indeed fortunate to have had such a father. Praying for your peace.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

So sorry for your loss. He will live on forever in your heart!
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    I am sorry for your loss, lost mine in 2017 so I know how you are feeling.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

I am so sorry for your loss! I lost my dad in 2015, and it still seems like yesterday; remember those good times!
    geo

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for your loss. R.I.P sir.

Boolit Grand Master
    There are never words for such a loss as yours. We all go through it and it's never easy. Remember the good and love the memories.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like my Dad, teach a few skills, install a good work ethic and kick you off in the right direction. My Dad lost his father young also, he was making moonshine at 14. It was the only work a boy could get to make any money. I do know how to sweat copper pipe.

I know you will miss your Father. There are times I would like to sit and talk to him again.

I wish peace and comfort to you and your family. It is not an easy thing to loose your parents.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Your great memories of your Dad will become more precious as time deminishes the hurt of his "passing". Your Dad's character description and sacrifices for his family is a testament of his love and devotion for each of you.

Boolit Master
    Condolences and prayers from our house to yours. Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    I understand your grief. I did the eulogy for my Dad in 1995 at my home church full of friends and kin. I decided that day to enter the priesthood and enrolled in Seminary. I graduated in 2008.

The departed are ok, it is the remaining people who are in pain who need comfort. Your pain will lessen in time. May the Lord be with you.

Be well.

Adam

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Very sorry to hear this, said a prayer for you and yours.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I'm sorry about your dad. Praying for you now.
    JW
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Buddy
    Truly sorry for the loss of your Dad. The pain in your heart will gradually fade and that pain will be replaced with all kinds of warm and loving memories of your father. Keep in mind, too, you will see him on the other side!

Boolit Master
    I also Know what it is to Loose parents. When I lost my father I was devastated, The second was my mother . Never recovered fully to this day
    Last edited by salpal48; 03-08-2024 at 02:28 PM.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    He'd been in declining health for several years now. Stroke, many heart attacks, CHF, renal failure and so much more.

My dad loved his 2 boys! My older brother passed in 2004 and i am the remaining offspring. Mom passed 2 years ago. He made me the man i am today. He taught me how to fish, hunt, garden, process meats, he taught me mechanic work (which he excelled at) and so much more. I will miss his company, fishing, hunting, his experience and advise. He grew up hard when his dad passed when my dad was 14. He was 14 at the time and as one of the oldest children he had to provide for his family by doing whatever he could. He provided for his family as a young man and for us as best he could. I have watched that man go to work in so much pain he could barely walk and so sick he was almost dead. Some of those times were tough but we were happy. We didn't know we were poor as we had what we needed.

My heart is hurting. I miss you daddy. You are no longer suffering sir. Rest in peace daddy.
    My Father passed in 2008, reading your post strikes a feeling with me as your dads story is so similar to my fathers. His father passed when he was 14 also, this was in 42 the war was on and the depression was not over for everyone. This may not help but one of the hardest things about loosing a man like this is the advise they can offer, their just wasn't very much he hadn't seen. I still fine things I wish I could ask him, I suppose that's the void men like them leave but I am so fortunate to have had him in my life. I hope I can fill some of that void.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast