Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: CZ 22 Hornet magazine?

Boolit Master

CZ 22 Hornet magazine?

I have an older 527 in 22 Hornet and am looking a magazine. All I find are listed as for rifles with a series numbered starting with B, my rifle’s starts with an A. Does any one know if the new style will fit older rifles or can they be made to fit? CZ U.S.A. couldn’t tell me anything.
    Thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not know, but you may try some of the parts houses, even if they don't list them in stock.

Have you tried comparing part numbers somewhere like numrich? Not a guarantee, but it might give you an idea if the magazines will interchange.

Robert

Boolit Master
    Different part numbers on all sites

Boolit Buddy
    May I ask if you're referring to the serial number prefix (A12345- B12345) when you mentioned your rifle was an A series? What is the date code on your rifle, it should be on the right front receiver ring (and possible on the left receiver ring or even the barrel) as a two-digit number something like 15 would be 2015 production 93 would be 1993 etcetera.

Boolit Master
    My rifle has an A prefix.

Boolit Bub
    I have a 527 in 7.62x39 and it’s the first generation, there were some slight changes but the magazines work in both

Boolit Buddy

Someone at https://czfirearms.us/ might have a suggestion.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to say but I knew more than the guy at CZ. At least he admitted he didn’t know.

Boolit Buddy
    I currently own a CZ 527 Full Stock from 1995 in 22 Hornet with a serial number that has no prefix, just numbers. I also have a 527 American 22 Hornet from 2007 that the serial number begins with an A followed by the numbers and a 17 Hornet 527 from 2013-14. They all use the same magazines. I have around seven or eight different 22 Hornet magazines and they were bought at different times with the magazine's follower being stamped in slightly different fonts all saying 22 Hornet or 17/22 Hornet. In my case all these interchange in the three rifles. CZ did after originally introducing the 17 Hornet chambering to the 527 series rifles begin to offer 17 Hornet magazines that have slightly longer feed lip to correct feeding issues with this cartridge, but I don't have any of these to compare in my rifles.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the post david s. I ordered one of the new magazines marked 17/22 Hornet and it seems to feed fine.