Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: RCBS bullet depth adjustment screw

Boolit Buddy

RCBS bullet depth adjustment screw

I have an original RCBS lube-a-matic. There is a screw at the bottom that has a 1/4" hole thru it (part #18 on the diagram). Mine has broken off right at the flanged part on the bottom and I cannot screw it in far enough now. RCBS no longer makes this part, but it is about 1.5 inches long, has a 1/4" hole all the way thru it and has 7/16x14 threads. It would be simple enough if I had a lathe, just take a 7/16" x 14 tpi bolt and drill a 1/4" hole all the way thru it......but, I don't have a lathe. Does anyone have this part that they would sell? RCBS sent me one for the RCBS II lubricator, but it is 3/8" x 24 tpi, so it will not screw in.

on the parts diagram, it is part #18.

Boolit Man
    RCBS customer service is really good. Give them a call and they will probably send you one. They were good to me on several occasions.

Boolit Master
    Years ago the nut that holds the sizing die on my LAM I stripped and RCBS had me send it back. Before shipping it I stripped all the parts off and sent the body to RCBS. They did not repair it and instead sent me a brand new LAM II. In my parts pile I still have the screw and lock nut and if a call to RCBS doesn't pan out PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.

Boolit Buddy
    thanks guys. I have many RCBS products and yes they have sent replacement parts for free several times, but, as I said, they no longer make the part I need. They sent me the one for the Lube II, but it is a different thread and diameter.

Boolit Bub
    How long is it? Does it need to be fully threaded? I'd be happy to build you one.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Google shows that Tractor Supply sells 7/16-14 bolts!

Boolit Buddy
    a lot of places sell 7/16-14 tpi bolts.....but none that i know of sell them with a 1/4" hole all the way thru them

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shafer44 View Post
    a lot of places sell 7/16-14 tpi bolts.....but none that i know of sell them with a 1/4" hole all the way thru them
    If you find someone with a lathe they can put the hole in it.

Boolit Bub
    Has someone helped you out with this yet. If not could you post a picture of the existing item along with some better dimensions and I will make you one. I have a lathe and drilling out and reaming a bolt would not be an issue.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adjusting screw.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	324192
    this is the part. Just a 7/16" - 14 tpi bolt with a 1/4" hole thru it. 1-1/2" to 1.75" would be fine. One of the hex head bolts with all threads would work.

Boolit Bub
    Stopped by the local hardware store and picked up a 1.75 7/16-14 bolt today. The only one I could find with threads the full length was a flanged grade 8 bolt.[IMG]d:\junk\IMG_6398.jpg[/IMG]

A couple of questions. I can make the head thinner if you would like. Easy to do in the lathe. Also can you mic the rod that goes up in the center of it. You do not want too tight of a fit or too loose of one either. I have a full set of reamers so it is not a problem getting the center correct. If you can not mic the center then I have a friend that has a RCBS lubersizer and it is an older one so should be the same as yours and will have him mic his.

Will be gone this weekend so will get to it next week.

Boolit Bub
    OK not sure how to do images on this forum so the bolt image was not posted. Sorry.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks guys, I have been taken care of.

Moved to CD.

DG