Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is winter over yet

Boolit Master

is winter over yet

right before sunset last evening I noticed some of the pesky vines that want to engulf everything around had leaves starting to pop out and there was a herd of deer chewing away at the buds on my chestnut trees. problem is I haven't seen any deer since before hunting season and yesterday there were seven of them that I saw chewing away on those trees I hope to get a crop from. I guess it's time I can hook the garden hose up and make sure the mowers and other lawn equipment is good to go. I wish I could extend firewood cutting and stacking season a bit longer to get the woodshed stuffed to the gills but the heat is coming on fast its was almost 75 degrees yesterday afternoon. with my luck the flowers and fruit set will take place on my peach, cherry and apple trees and then and only then there will be another deep freeze.

Boolit Master
    Definitely not over! Wind was like a knife yesterday and we're still feeding the "King's Deer" full time. Around 350 at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

is winter over yet

Not here it ain't. Had snow again last night. Days are getting longer though so there's hope.

Jim

Lots of roadkill skunks. I reckon it's spring!

Boolit Grand Master
    I have seen 18” of snow in mid-April. But it sure has been a warm winter this year.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Here in northcentral PA it was 65 degrees. That means my 35 apple trees and 5 pear trees will think it is May, will bud out, then we get a hard frost! The result will probably be our third year of NO apples or pears.

Be well.

Adam

Boolit Grand Master
    Had 14" of snow Sunday.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    If it ain’t spring yet , I can sure see it from here!!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM007510.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	324165

No! Not over yet. My place this morning......

DG

Boolit Master
    snowed all day at my place in SW Idaho
    Loren

Boolit Master
    Light snow last week, robins in the yard Sunday. Just because the "First Day of Spring" is marked on the calendar does not mean winter is over.

Boolit Buddy
    I took the blade off my pickup today. I would be good with it if winter is over. I have seen a lot of snow in April.

Boolit Grand Master

Daffodils and Narcissists are up and blooming - crocuses have come and gone, my early blueberry is blooming - and we have lost half that crop in the past because of an early bloom and then freeze. Over two inches of water over average and it's raining again. I was able to dig out the compost pit yesterday and get that spread on the garden. Lawnmower is fixed and ready to run. If it ain't spring yet I'm ready!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Is winter over? Not where I live. I ran the snow-blower yesterday due to 4" of overnight snow. Hasn't been a bad winter, we've only had about two feet of snow so far. We could use some more but I'm tired of shoveling and blowing the darn stuff. The only month I haven't seen a snow flake here is August. One time in the early 50's a snow storm ruined my grandmothers 4th of July picnic. She was not happy. So is winter over? No! We've got to have at least some snow for Easter so the kids can find those colored eggs.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Moderator Emeritus

Dodged roadkill skunks on the way to town yesterday, had one near the house last night when Max went out to pee before bed... Spring is here... that doesn't mean it won't snow!

Here in NH winter is hardly over. Almost 60 today, but March and early April can have some nor'easters with heavy snow.
    That's just the way it rolls here.
    I recall April 15th (tax day - that's how I remember it) about 25 years ago we had 28" of snow.
    It ain't over till it is over.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Never trust ''Old Man Winter'', he's very deceitful and a known liar! One day you're enjoying a warm sunny day basking in 60's, even 70's temps, and the next day you could be shoveling out from a blizzard. I'll believe winter's finally ended when the dogwoods blossom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blizzard_of_1888 It can still happen again any year.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    In Montana, we always get six months of winter. You just never know which six months it will be. I've seen it snow every month of the year here.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    In Montana, we always get six months of winter. You just never know which six months it will be. I've seen it snow every month of the year here.
    My father has kept his diary religiously for the past 55 years. I have looked back through my lifetime and realized that I have seen snow on every calendar day of the year.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Two days of showers 40's at night snow on the mountains.
    This desert is too cold to swim today, all cloudy.`
    We are ready for some summer again.
    Then the snowbirds will fly home, and the traffic calms down.
    Michigan snowbirds are still out in flipflops and shorts.
    My dog and I have on our jackets, we're cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast