Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

View Poll Results: Have you ever experienced a miracle first hand?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

23 69.70%
  • No.

6 18.18%
  • I don’t believe in miracles.

4 12.12%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever been involved with a sure miracle?

Boolit Master
    Supernatural: super=above / natural=the world
    This word has drifted in meaning to include all sorts of Disney and X-Files stuff.

Miraculous: a real result of a miracle, attributed to God, beyond our understanding.
    For me a miracle is God violating our understanding of cause and effect...
    an Infinite God, outside of time, reading this and laughing at my poor attempt.

If you want to see miracles you have to look.
    You have to have ears to hear.
    God isn't bound by cause and effect. He Is.

If you want to see miraculous, go to Wednesday night prayers.
    We write down a prayer list and rejoice for prayers answered.
    Lately, an old lady's doctors said liver disease, took out her gall bladder, her liver is fine.
    We pray for doctors' wisdom, sometimes God grants some.

Cause and effect? Chance? Co-incidence? You will know a miracle when it happens.

Divine intervention in this world is ongoing. This world we live in (this reality that the slide rule cats are starting to catch on to so that they've begun to say it's some kind of simulation or projection that we are within) is an ongoing creation. When that thought passes through my mind I can say "Wow, how miraculous is that!"

Most people don't want to see. Oh, they think they do but no, they don't.

A My dad was being treated for lung cancer prior to surgery. (left lung, grapefruit sized)
    He did not tolerate the first dose of Chemo at all well. At the time I had a wide circle of online friends, many with small children. I explained the situation and asked for prayers. My dad sailed through the next 2 weeks of chemo prior to surgery like nothing in the world could bother him. Surgery went well, and he lived on for another 25 years!

B My wife was working as receptionist at a local clinic, a doctor there was having troubles with back pain. She wanted to get pregnant again, trying for a boy. But had lots of issues. Stuff I never did know or could do anything about. Anyway my wife Cindy was talking to me on the phone on her lunch break. Finally I said ask her if I can come visit for a minute or 3. She called back an hour later, gave me the time. I was there, she introduced us. The lady doctor was very afraid I was going to touch her and cause pain. So I told her, I'm not going to touch you at all. I'm just going to make a connection between you and God, and ask for some healing love.

Well she was ok with that. So I did (Its called Reiki btw)

For a year we knew nothing more. Cindy was bouncing around to different clinics as she was needed.

Then we ran into the Lady Doctor and her husband one day at the grocery store. In her arms a healthy bouncing baby boy.

She gave both me and my wife great big hugs. And said " I don't know what you did, and I don't understand it, but it worked."

C is me, and tis a long long story parts of which no one alive fully remembers so it can never truly be told.
    Suffice it to say that simply my being here is a Miracle. Being here and standing 5' 8 inches tall is another. A little teaser for those of you interested.
    I graduated high school in 1970 at 4 feet 2 inches. And I was already growing at that point. Without the good doctors at Mayo clinic it would have been more like 3 feet 9 inches.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    I have a rem700 .223 with the original glass sharp trigger.

I keep it because four twelve year old boys were shooting rats with a .222
    One pointed the rifle at another's face, pulled the trigger
    rifle went "click"
    hahaha
    leaned it in a corner, rifle fell over and fired.
    Nobody laughed.
    Rem700 or miracle? God knows.

So I keep my Walmart $200 .223 to teach the kids. (dratted thing is accurate)
    Chamber it. Set safety. Pull the trigger. Thump the gun. Release the safety, it will fire. Sometimes.
    Miracle or great trigger? God smiled that day.

Please keep the bolt open...

Boolit Buddy
    After 13 years of paramedic work, there are no miracles. People will go out of their way to perceive things as miracles though.

Well, I think this is the only one I can call either a miracle or divine intervention.
    My ex wife was pregnant, and was showing signs of pre eclampsia. I went to work, supervisor for an armored trucking agency on a holiday, when I got the call that my wife as in the hospital going into eclamptic shock, and they were going to have to take the baby through C Section. 29 weeks. They gave her steroids in a desperate attempt to get his lungs working prior to the surgery, but there was no time to wait. They took him, 2.18 pound, and whisked him into the NICU. We were told by the attending physician that we should call our religious provider, because they lacked an oscillating ventilator, and had him on a regular vent, which was tearing up his little lungs. There was an O-Vent at the other hospital in the network, but it was on the other side of town, and by the time it could be delivered through holiday traffic, it would be too late. This was after she had had 3 miscarriages - this was our last attempt.
    Behind the doc a guy asked, "I brought the oscillating vent - who ordered it?"
    Nobody had. Somehow the other hospital had received an order to take that piece of machinery across town just in the nick of time, but nobody had ordered it.
    BTW, that little 2.18 pound baby boy? He'll be 24 this year.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom22 View Post
    After 13 years of paramedic work, there are no miracles. People will go out of their way to perceive things as miracles though.
    i feel sorry for you. you need a miracle for sure

I'm with barnabus.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Yes. It will change you.
    That's a true fact.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom22 View Post
    That's okay Phantom.
    Miracles are seen by those meant to see or needed to see.
    Thanks for being brave and steady for 13 years of service.
    Truly a rough gig.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Buddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12