Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: I think he's reached another level!

Boolit Master

I think he's reached another level!

My second oldest son was taking the skid steer in to move his welding project around to work on and this happened. Hard to cuss the boy, he hadn't done anything wrong - but he did say the impact nearly took him off of the road!
    But if you're doe hunting, getting them to load themselves has always eluded me - guess my son has figured that part out!
    Just happy he's safe.

Last edited by cwtebay; 03-03-2024 at 11:42 AM.

Boolit Master

Might'a wrecked the back straps there - front end maybe pre-tenderized
    Last edited by square butte; 03-03-2024 at 01:06 PM.
    Being human is not for sissies.

Saw a chased deer wreck a Z Car one night. Woman was driving in front tof me on a 2 lane highway, pitch dark. Deer was being chased by dogs, Z was doing about 60 mph, deer hit the Z at the driver side door and front fender junction, at full speed, head first. A deer can put on a lot of speed when it is chased. I was about 75 yards behind her, so had a good view of the event in my headlights.
    Just pulled over and called the state police. Checked on the driver, she was shaken a bit, but not hurt. I shot the deer with my 45 as it was busted up, but still alive. Z Car had a bent door, broken window, cracked windshield, bent left front roof support and a bent left front fender. Car was still drivable. Driver was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Told the trooper about the two pickup trucks that came up in the dark, out of the woods, from where the deer came out, right after the accident. Trooper said it was a group of dog/night hunters that they had been after for a few years, could not catch them in the act. I sure hope they eventually caught them.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus

Had a buck charge my van as I went by at 60mph... caught his antlers in the mirror bracket and snapped his neck. Amazingly the door only had a minor cave in that popped right out and the mirror was trashed. That one was mighty good eating with no road rash meat to cut out! Sheriff arrived to give me the tag and didn't believe it until I showed him the drag marks the deer feet left in the shoulder... and a statement from the guy behind me that the deer came from the grove and WHAM into the side of my van... he said the entire side rippled from the impact! He wondered how I kept it in my lane before I pointed out the 1 ton axles front and rear... huge deer guard tube bumper up front... 4wd Ford full size van so heavy!

Moderator Emeritus

I have told this before but a friend was driving his work truck when a deer ran into the vehicle in front of his. The female driver was freaking out, the deer had a broken back and was trying unsuccessfully to leave the area. He walked up, stepped on the bucks head and slit it's throat with his belt knife. He returned to his truck where his employee said " That was a kind thing you did, Dave but most people would have put their sandwich down."
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze