Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: It's Back

It's Back

The warm weather has started "The Bloom". Pine trees have started budding/blooming, the Yellow fog is right around the corner.
    Went all over the tree farm, in my fencing cart, yesterday, all of the berries are blooming. Do hope we do not get a late frost again this year. 2023 was very bad and got thin for the wild critters, the frost in mid March killed the blooms and buds with and entire fruit production in many areas.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    My cherries and blueberries were dismal last year due to a couple of late frosts. Blackberries were abundant. Different bloom times I guess.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Had a blizzard hit yesterday, almost 8am and temp is still at -5 F. Last week wife was worried that our fruit trees were starting to bud out.
    I'm thinking this will reset the clock.

For those of you further south, I can see where it is a problem.

My own opinion is it is not so much global warming as it is the magnetic north pole headed for Siberia.
    I know last year it had moved over 400 miles from where it was. If the cold weather follows it, that puts us south of Iowa into Missouri. By this point it could well be well into Missouri. And our winter weather has been exceedingly mild all winter except for less than a week of below zero weather. And even that was mostly -5 ish.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    84 degrees on my ride home yesterday at 5pm. It’s 29 this morning. Back to 70s by Sunday. No budding trees yet but the Lillie’s are starting to come up.

Moderator Emeritus

It is back. Butte had 4 inches of snow Monday, while over the hill none stuck at our place. We did get 35 mph winds that brought in 10 F temps with a high of 27. Back up to 50 while the wind brings in some more moist spring weather. I just hope the white stuff sticks in the hills.
    I have shoveled twice this winter, not unusual for my part of MT. You do put up with a lot of wind though. We get most of our moisture from late March to June so it's coming, either white or grey.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Had a blizzard hit yesterday, almost 8am and temp is still at -5 F. Last week wife was worried that our fruit trees were starting to bud out.
    I'm thinking this will reset the clock.

For those of you further south, I can see where it is a problem.

My own opinion is it is not so much global warming as it is the magnetic north pole headed for Siberia.
    I know last year it had moved over 400 miles from where it was. If the cold weather follows it, that puts us south of Iowa into Missouri. By this point it could well be well into Missouri. And our winter weather has been exceedingly mild all winter except for less than a week of below zero weather. And even that was mostly -5 ish.
    While magnetic North moves the South Pole stays stationary. It stands to reason that we either are on the edge of vibrating out of orbit or magnetic North is not true North.
    Scientific bases and astronomy experts have set up at South Pole as the stars rotate in the same pattern around the pole. The last I heard they had to make an 8 foot adjustment but could not decide if it had moved or just a slight error in placement.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

The pine trees do not care, warm weather and here they come. We have a pine tree farm, with 150ft tall trees. When they bloom out it gets thick with yellow pine pollen. Seen a gust of wind make a cloud of yellow.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers