Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloading and music

Reloading and music

I'm expanding 357 magnum case mouths with the noe m style 358 bushing in my hand press while listening to phonk music, subwoofers parked beside the reloading bench =) THE STACKIN CHIPS SAGA | Project Pat Rare Phonk Tribute Tape... and ryan celcius/trappin in japan.

Music and dancing makes case prep less tedious. There... done...500 ish starline 357 magnum cases sitting in that card board box

Nice looking brass!

As for the music? Never heard of em'. I'm 70 and 'may' go take a listen over on Ytube. My shop is about 10X15, well insulated, AC & Heat. My jam box is 300 Watt's with a remote, speakers mounted up high and has a remote with it. It'll play from a disc, or memory stick. 16 Gigs of MP3 files, is a whole lotta shakin' goin' on. For 40+ years, magnums and music were my passion, still are I reckon. My tastes vary when it comes to music, zero rap/hip hop though.

Murphy

P.S. I checked out the music group you suggested. Enjoy your jam Bro, I just can't hang with that genre.
    Last edited by Murphy; 02-26-2024 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Post Script
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master

I mostly load on Dillon 650's or 1050's. I want to hear any anomalies in the reloading process so no music for me when running progressives. For casting, trimming or annealing it's generally 60's and 70's rock.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Mold
    I usually listen to talk radio, country or a ball game while loading. I know some say you should not do anything while reloading, but I need some background noise. Not a fan of phonk, but nice 357 mag brass!

Tool, slipknot, guns and roses, ozzy, Metallica, perfect circle and lots more just like them on my speakers when I’m in the shop. It helps my brain to focus.

Boolit Master
    Patsy Cline, Otis Redding along those lines. There is a blues program on one of the local stations I might catch. Occasionally something else.

Boolit Master
    My parents both have masters in music. I am an EXTREME disappointment to them because I chose science, but my tastes run from Amadeus to Amity Affliction and every point in between. My father finally acknowledged that while I hold no musical talent; I do have good taste in music.
    I listen to mostly folk music while reloading.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I always like to have something going in the background. Like many others I'm sure, it helps take my focus off of the tinnitus/ringing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I mostly load on Dillon 650's or 1050's. I want to hear any anomalies in the reloading process so no music for me when running progressives. For casting, trimming or annealing it's generally 60's and 70's rock.
    No, music or any other distractions while reloading for me with my Dillon 550, if something sounds different you might have a problem.

For me the music died after the 1970's.

Dave Brubeck to Johnny Cash.
    Meatloaf to Lucas Nelson.
    Aretha Franklin to Led Zeppelin.
    Whatever I’m in the mood for- but I like background music!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Like some of you I also enjoy some background music while reloading. I will say as some others have stated it depends on which process I’m involved with. If I’m really focused on something new probably no music. My preference leans towards old country music and some red dirt music. I like to shut the door, turn the phone off and close out as much distraction as possible. I have always liked music playing when I work or play, for me it has a calming effect.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Master

Classic country for this old redneck.

Hey guys thanks for the responses and sharing what yall think and listenin to, I got this big ole box of freshly expanded 357s that need priming so I think I'm gonna test drive all the music names yall share, I'll try and share my thoughts about it this weekend when I can make a gallon of black rifle coffee and reload for a couple hours.

Another thing I like listening when reloading and batching case prep to is heavy metal without vocals. My favorite is a channel called "Metal Guitar Stuff" on YouTube, I think he may be a guitar instructor or trainer. I like the dragon mix and the reverb one. The drums make me happy. Other instrumental metal that's interesting is pelican and red sparrowes.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled bullet View Post
    SNIP>>>

listening to phonk music, subwoofers parked beside the reloading bench =) THE STACKIN CHIPS SAGA | Project Pat Rare Phonk Tribute Tape
    what the **** is phonk?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Classical for me. A few symphonies or concertos and I'd better stop in the house to see what is going on the the zoo.

Talk radio and county music is good too

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    what the **** is phonk?
    Here is a screen shot of the Wikipedia page on phonk.

"A sub genre of hip hop and trap music directly inspired by 90s Memphis rap."

I like the rhythmic beats and bass and the sound samples especially brass instruments and snippets from movies.

Boolit Master

Well "phonk" sounds like something to be avoided at all costs to me. JMO.

Quiet classical when reloading. I agree that you want to hear and feel the Dillon 550 to make sure all is well.
    Usually a ball game (GO CELTICS!) or talk when doing case prep.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy
    Classical music for me. Also enjoy 'Dark Cello' (youtube) music as it just seems to fade into the background and allows me to really concentrate on the task at hand. I stopped listening to talk radio when Rush died. Was distraught when G Gordon Liddy went off the air.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast