Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Gamo urban.22 cal PCP

Gamo urban.22 cal PCP

So I actually got this two months ago and haven't said much about it. Needed a new one for stuff around the farm and some houses in town. Air rifle aren't considered firearms so you can use them in a lot of places in place of a .22lr. also it's dead quiet. Like stupid quiet. But I've been messing with it on and off. Regular $300 got it on sale at prymid air for $270 and had to drop another $125 on a new stirrup pump because my old one needs a reseal. Anyhow so far not super hard to fill from 1000psi to 3000psi. Handles pretty well. The magazine makes live nice and is pretty accurate,though I haven't been able to do any detailed pellets testing. Anyhow if you wanted to get into a modern PCP this is a nice little option for the price

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Grand Master
    Let me guess…5-10 mph crosswind with the 50 yard target?
    Don Verna

I got one of these a few years ago and used it on quite a few gray squirrels. Popped one in the eye/ear area at 35 yds was my best shot. I found H&N Baracudas very effective & the most accurate, there could be better but I stopped looking when I found those.
    Sadly the gun has developed an air leak and I have not been able to fix it. I changed the fill port o ring but i suspect its one of the internal ones .

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Do you use a hand pump to fill it? I have a springer in a Walther talon Magnum. I paid more for that back 14 years ago from them and had a nitro piston installed at the time when they first came to market for another 80 bucks still going strong. The only bad part is it’s hold sensitive. I’m beyond sick of the point of aim shift. If I don’t have my hand perfectly placed on it. What’s the velocity? I can tell you using H&N terminator pellets blow completely through squirrels at 30 yards.

Boolit Mold
    30 yards and through a squirrel! Wow - thats some power for an air gun. I will look into that one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJimmyHudson View Post
    30 yards and through a squirrel! Wow - thats some power for an air gun. I will look into that one for sure.
    They haven’t made it for a long time. I believe it’s a re branded Hatsun 135. Imo it’s the H&N Terminator pellet with the metal pointy spike that gets it to pass through. I removed a few nuisance muskrats the other day with the rifle. I was using round nose 14.3 grain Diablo exacts. Both were almost a 100 yards away. Both head shots. You should have heard the pellet “spank” noise when it connected. I have targets I have at up the same distance I practice quite regularly. I have to use the 3rd mil dot down but it gets there with authority. If it’s not a head shot at that distance imo all I’m doing is “bruising” them.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 03-08-2024 at 12:32 PM.

I took out a few nuisance muskrats with it the other night. If you can connect in the head at 100 yards they are done with Diablo exact’s. Body shots and you sure can hear a popping noise. They normally head over to shore after a body shot and expire. I took out a starling yesterday and a hair over 100 yards took three shots to connect but man you should’ve heard the poppy noise and the feathers fly! I can’t believe how much energy that thing has at that distance. I definitely need mil dots to get it done. I’m aiming with the 3rd one down at 10x in Tasco Varmint optic. It’s not the most accurate set up, but when it connects…kaboom! A PCP I’m sure is not hold sensitive like my rifle is.

Boolit Master
    I grabbed a factory refurbished air venture avenger when they first came out for 200 bucks. I have other pcp's but nothing newer so I figured what the hay. Well I dont know if I have the magic tune or what but I have a quarter size steel target hanging at 76 yards from my deck. I can ring that thing as long as I have Crosman premier hollow points. 14.3g. I am getting 110 shots on a fill. Chrony rings in at 980ish. Ya I know

Good little gun you got wolfdog91. I hope your as happy with your new pcp as I am with mine. Worst part is I wanted to hate the cheap thing and I just cannot.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJimmyHudson View Post
    Apparently I'm shooting Diablo exact heavy jumbo's at the nuisance muskrats...lol. I grabbed a tin and sighted it in a few weeks ago never apologized attention. I have a about 9 tins of the regular exacts and thought that's what I grabbed. I drilled a muskrat at 130 yards the night before last at dusk on the move. Must have been a lucky shot. It started flopping in the waste sounding like a duck flapping it's wings for a few seconds and was done for the count. If I body shoot them at 50 to 75 yards or more becuase I didn't lead on them while swimming by they usually head for shore and are done when they get there. The heavies are wicked. Took out a couple black birds the other day at a little over 100 yards with the heavies
    Man do they make a "whack" when they connect! The rotten birds were ripping out morning dove nests when I drilled them. Thought I was using the 15.89 grain version Diablo pellets. I remember the lighter ones group better.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 03-22-2024 at 07:23 PM.