Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: For thought and meditation sat feb 24 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation sat feb 24 2024

Prepared for Good Works
    by Greg Laurie on Feb 24, 2024

Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
    —Ephesians 2:9

No one has ever achieved salvation through human effort. But if you really have found salvation, then people should be able to see visible results of that in your life.

A lot of people today claim to be Christians, yet there is absolutely no evidence in their lives to confirm it.

Paul clearly devastated any argument that works can produce salvation when he wrote, “God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it” (Ephesians 2:8–9 NLT).

But he also was saying that salvation must produce works when he said, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago” (verse 10 NLT).

Works don’t save a person, but they are good evidence that a person is saved.

However, someone might say, “Hey, don’t judge me! It is not by works that we are saved; it’s by faith.”

While it is true that we are saved by faith, it is also true that if we are really saved, then there will be good works.

God has His plan for your life. He has a purpose for you to fulfill. Are you finding it? Are you moving in that direction, saying, “I have salvation, and because of that, Lord, what do You want me to do? What is Your plan for me?”

Or, are you wandering through life, saying, “I have salvation, so that takes care of that. Now, let’s move on to what I want to do.”

God has created you as His masterwork, His poem, His work of art so that you can do the good things that He planned for you long ago. He has a plan and a purpose for your life. He has work for you to do. And He is going ahead of you, preparing the way. God is manipulating all the resources of the universe so that the work you do will fulfill the plan He has for you.

And even when you face setbacks or crises in life, remember that God is working through, in, and around you.

Years after his brothers sold him into slavery, Joseph came face to face with them again and said, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people” (Genesis 50:20 NLT).

Did it just dawn on Joseph at that very moment, or did he see this earlier? Whatever the case, it was an amazing statement. Think of Joseph’s exile, his betrayal, and the false accusations against him. Still, he could say, “God sent me here. God was in this.”

Maybe you’re facing a setback today. Maybe there’s a crisis going on in your life. Remember, you are a work in progress. You are under construction.

Have a great day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy
    Good stuff.

Boolit Grand Master

Remember when Joseph was in prison God blessed him so he was in charge of the other prisoners. He must have seen the God was with him throughout, perhaps except when he was in the well and when he was being transported to Egypt. We have no record of how he felt then. When he was purchased by Potifer he was quickly put in charge because it was obvious that God was with him. So not only he knew but those around him recognized this too.

When you are working in God's plan it becomes obvious to you that you are doing better than you could yourself. It doesn't matter what that is. My Dad was a farmer in God's plan. He worked with 'hopeless' kids in God's plan. When I try to become artistic I am clearly not in God's plan. I am a complete failure at being artistic. As a psychologist I was in God's plan.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, a great message.

A display of good works can sometimes be a sign that we want others to think are "holy." On the other hand, some of the best things I have done in my life, I did not recognize at the time.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    A display of good works can sometimes be a sign that we want others to think are "holy." On the other hand, some of the best things I have done in my life, I did not recognize at the time.

Wayne
    I think this is a brilliant statement/observation. If we are truly living a spirit filled life, and simply "stay out of the way", God will use us in ways and at times that we may be totally unaware of.

I wonder if we'll ever be able to see the "clips" of our lives on earth where we were unwittingly the hero -- or the goat. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.