RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHere is the Mail

Boolit Grand Master

WHere is the Mail

lately our mail from the usps has been hit and miss
    they used to deliver everyday except Sunday ( Amazon Deliveries only)
    anymore its hit and miss if they make it through the week with deliveries
    Rite when I am expecting a box from Tom @ Accurate
    must be bidenomics
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Mail delivery is kind of interesting anymore. I had a package delivered today that required an adult signature, they just left it in the mailbox.
    If someone would have stolen it there would have been hell to pay.

Boolit Buddy

Pony express would deliver mail halfway across the country in 7 days, Now days we have to accept the fact that the horses are much older now!!
    GW

Boolit Master

I agree,I have got a mold coming from ebay, it was put in the mail back in January, it has been sitting in MN for almost a month.
    Well that is where the tracking number has it!

I know there was bad weather out their, but put it on a dog sled if you have to!

It's a Lyman .429303 double cavity.

Boolit Master

Have had deliveries that I track through Informed Delivery via Priority Mail that seem to get stuck in the system. It will make it to a destination and then just stay there with no updates for 4-5 days or more before suddenly showing up in my box. In addition, I’ve had three different mail carriers since December of last year. My latest carrier said I can expect some major changes in delivery starting in late March. No explanation of what that means.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Yes, same here. Tracking sometimes get lost in limbo and then finally shows up. Another time I had a package that bounced around and even showed up at my PO then left only to finally return again for delivery.

Boolit Grand Master
    2nd day without mail service
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Mail delivery is kind of interesting anymore. I had a package delivered today that required an adult signature, they just left it in the mailbox.
    If someone would have stolen it there would have been hell to pay.
    To elaborate on this, the item requiring an adult signature was a $1000 suppressor an NFA device, now there was no way the carrier could know what was in the box without opening it, but it did require an adult signature, so who signed for it?
    On one hand I am glad he left it as I would have had a hassle to get it picked up most likely a week later.
    All turned out well, but if it hadn't shown up?

Boolit Master
    We seem to miss getting mail a couple or three days a week, then get a big stack. Just today I received a check that was in the mail for almost three weeks getting here from an adjoining state.

Boolit Buddy
    Lived in a small mountain town, got mail on Tuesday and Thursdays depending on the weather and road conditions. Where's the beef?
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Buddy
    Government drones gonna government-drone. The bar is pretty low at the USPS it would seem...Warm body with a room temperature IQ? Welcome aboard!

I don't know...I haven't done it. Maybe it's hard. Doesn't seem like it, though. I have a distant relative that retired from USPS a while back. He said that his co-workers were always on his ass for "working too hard and making them look bad". Funny thing is, this guy is certainly not a model of drive or efficiency but yet he somehow made managed to work hard enough to the rest of those useless idiots look bad. Shocking.

I go a couple three days without mail here and there as well. And that thing where tracking shows "delivered" but it shows up two days later happens ALL THE TIME. It's mostly Amazon packages. I think they're gaming the system. Mark it delivered so you don't get dinged for missing the delivery window then actually get it to the customer whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    All turned out well, but if it hadn't shown up?
    You would have had the indescribable joy of working with your friendly local ATF field agent. They take stuff like missing NFA items seriously, though, and would have torn your local PO (as well as your carrier) apart.

It's an election year, and an important one at that. They're busy right now...

Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I get more of my neighbor's mail in my box than my own. Since I only check the mail a couple times a week, their mail is delayed.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

I have informed delivery, I get an email with a picture of incoming mail... I often get told I have mail, go to the box and nada, nothing... I am on a rural route so carriers bid it and the fewer stops he makes the less gas he burns, the more money he makes... so he is skipping delivery!

Boolit Master
    We used to get our home deliveries around 10 A.M. Then it changed to "when ever we get around to your street", early or late. Two days ago there were no deliveries until I heard a Post Office vehicle on our street about 5 P.M. The driver acted like he was racing against himself with drag strip acceleration, tire screaming stops, fast acceleration again, all this continued until he was out of hearing range. Then again, we have a few days every month where the truck never comes down our street at all and no houses on our street (about 14 houses total) get any Post Office deliveries. All this poor delivery service gets real old real fast.

Boolit Buddy
    I get so little mail these days after moving to all electronic billing that I only receive mail about 2-3 days out of the week. The mailman drives by but just skips my mailbox.

Not just USPS. Had a $400 package of various ammo just handed to me last week. Adult signature required, FedEx.
    We had a long spat of no deliveries, wrong deliveries and just plain screw ups a few years ago. But I do know when he's on vacation or sick. No deliveries most of the time. Totally forgot about holiday last week, put a package out in box. 2 hours later went out to get garbage can in, and flag was down. Dang Amazon package in the box with my package on top. Duh

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I have informed delivery, I get an email with a picture of incoming mail... I often get told I have mail, go to the box and nada, nothing... I am on a rural route so carriers bid it and the fewer stops he makes the less gas he burns, the more money he makes... so he is skipping delivery!
    This is very common on our route - as in multiple days with no delivery. My wife got a notification last week and I happened to be driving behind the mail carrier when he passed our box without stopping, so I witnessed the whole thing. My wife went to the PO the next day to complain, and the office blamed a "temporary driver". She couldn't even pick up the old mail because it had stayed on the truck and was already out for delivery that day. We finally received several days in one stop.

Got a flat rated envelop with nothing in it that was 2 weeks after it was scheduled for delivery. At least they taped the hole shut.

I will say that it probably was not their fault since the mold was put in a medium flat rate cardboard envelope.

ours is all ***** also, we might get mail every couple of days, and we sent a check in for estimated taxes, my wife put the tracking on them. the one going to the Feds made in 2 days, the one going across town to the state of North Dakota, is still sitting somewhere in the system and nobody gives a crap that works there. better off hand delivering them from now on. we will have to see what happens when tax time comes around next year, probably get a penalty because it was late. yeaaa Gubment is here to help.
    Giving money and power to Government, is like giving Whiskey and Car Keys to teenage boys!!!!

REMEMBER,,, Boys and Girls,,, An EMPTY gun is just an ugly club!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast