WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forester Co-Ax

Boolit Man
    A few years back I picked up a used Co-Ax press at what I thought was a good price. The original owner had it set up to use a shell holder to do the priming. I ended up having to purchase some new parts for the press. The primer catcher jar lid was damaged and that needed to be replaced. By the time things were all said and done, I had invested more than a new press would have cost me.
    Once it was up and running and I was able to use it for some of the odd calibers I load for, I really like the press, don't much care for the priming system but it does work. The big up side I found was when I use a bushing die, the co ax allows things to be set up so that things run true. Not the case with my lyman press. I have made a set up for the co ax that does allow me to size bullets, and it does a very nice job of that. All in all I like the press very much. The Lyman just collects dust and I can't honestly say when the last time a die was in that press. If I were to name one aspect of the press that I really don't like, its the pointed rod that opens the case holder jaws. Sometimes I have to set things up to use a standard shell holder and I have to take that pointed pin out as it will not screw down far enough to go below flush. A new pin with more threads on it would make life so much easier in my opinion. Other than that I feel its a really nice press and I have no plans on getting rid of it.
    Sam

I have had a Co-Ax since the early 90's. I like the primer system on the press for loading long range ammo, it beats the old Lee hand primer I had. I have modified the the rod that opens the jaws so I can easily load any 45-70 size rim. What I did was grind off the face of the rod to remove that part that the rim was hitting and cut a small notch in the rod at the base. I then used a little bit of thread locker to keep it in place. The jaws now open to the max opening and I have had no issues loading anything from 5.56 to my 40-90 SBN. I also recently purchased the shell holder attachment to load my 43 Spanish and 50-90.

Cheers,
    Steve

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    These are the linkage pieces I purchased.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/155573181549
    The curve allows a reloader to reach in easier from either side to insert or remove a case and bullet.

Total game changer for this press IMO. They also include 4 clips. It is an easy 3-4 minute install to change out both pieces. I could never go back to the straight linkage pieces again.

This video will make you click the "Buy it now" button:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4fWTPkUHt0
    Thanks for posting that. I am ordering a set.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I am ordering a set.
    Don, heads up--Forster has the 'factory' curved jaws on sale for $20, plus tax and shipping ($27 total shipped to ATL). They are cosmetic seconds. The set I received had some verysmall blueing blemishes which were easily covered with a small application of Oxpho Blue. I really didn't even have to use the Oxpho blue, the blemishes were so small.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mdatlanta View Post
    Don, heads up--Forster has the 'factory' curved jaws on sale for $20, plus tax and shipping ($27 total shipped to ATL). They are cosmetic seconds. The set I received had some verysmall blueing blemishes which were easily covered with a small application of Oxpho Blue. I really didn't even have to use the Oxpho blue, the blemishes were so small.
    Rats!!! Saw this too late but it will help others.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdatlanta View Post
    Thanks for that info, ordered a set today.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    I've been looking at these for years: https://inlinefabrication.com/produc...ages-for-co-ax but didn't see how having those prongs sticking out made them much better than the standard straight ones. No doubt the Forster curved linkages look way more better and cheaper too.
    Did a bit of research.

The horns on the link arms are there to maintain the factory original condition where the co ax press does not cam over.

The horn-less arms seem to allow the press to cam over at the top.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    Thanks for that info, ordered a set today.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    Did a bit of research.

The horns on the link arms are there to maintain the factory original condition where the co ax press does not cam over.

Three44s
    I knew there was something that didn't look right about those things.

Banned
    I really wanted the Forster coax but couldn’t justify the price. I don’t like the shell holder on the Frankford press and the die blocks but the rest of the press is fine. The first one l bought l used an open end wrench to turn to a different holder. The stud splines stripped and FA sent me a new press. They couldn’t get parts. I could grind off the corners to ease the cycling but no need due to only using the press to bullet seat for my bolt guns and use my Rock Chucker to FL size.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post

Three44s
    Interesting, the hornless version is what Forster is producing and selling.
    East Tennessee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12