RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: New www.corbins.com

New www.corbins.com

Viam supervadet vadens.

The site looks easier to understand their products. I hope the new format works well for them.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master

Nice graphics - but it seems lacking in content - The old tired Web Site was so full of content it was spilling over between multiple web addresses.

I hope it is the Beta Version with much more to be added. I searched for - then clicked on "Dies". The only Swage die listed was: S-Press PCP Airgun Slug Die Set. Not exactly what the Swaged Jacketed bullets and swagers of lead boolits are going to be predominantly looking for.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 02-26-2024 at 12:14 AM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Yeah they're slowing moving things over. Much of it hasn't been updated. I was watching it about a month ago and it's slowly been added to since then but nowhere near complete obviously.

Boolit Mold
    http://www.bulletswage.com/

and

http://www.swage.com/

Above are the original sites that I prefer, mostly because I am so use to it. I already know where everything is.

Have some issues with the grey color fonts on the new website though. Maybe my eyesight, but harder to read. Haven't quite figured out (yet) how to adjust my browser to make the fonts darker.

Boolit Buddy
    Maybe I missed it but did Corbin sell the business at some point? The bottom of the site shows two guys as the owners, Pech and Harrington. And they do not have any mega-mite press stuff.
    Fifty years a lawyer and you still look down your nose at your fellow citizens who study and know law better than you. Every
    citizen is an attorney.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, I know Dave sold the business last year. The new owners are listed on the new website.
    Be prepared for the new price increases.
    Dave kept them down for the last ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by KAYDADOG View Post

Question: "Who is a pessimist?"

Answer: "A pessimist is an optimist, but with life experience"
    Viam supervadet vadens.

Quote Originally Posted by KAYDADOG View Post
    Yes, I know Dave sold the business last year. The new owners are listed on the new website.
    Dave kept them down for the last ten years.
    Yep. I said this exact point in another thread on here last year when Dave sold it.

Boolit Bub
    First, Daves prices were about double what they should have been for the last 10 years. His brother Richard makes better dies and presses for less than half the price.

Second, I just ordered a die set from New Corbins from their "Specials" page which should mean they are in stock. They took money from my card, then called days later to explain that they no longer make those dies. When I explained they were advertised on their "Specials" page and should be in stock, they did not seem to know what I was talking about. I guess if you want to make you cash flow numbers look good, you advertise things you no longer make as Specials, take the money and refund it later. Makes some bean counter happy somewhere. Just leaves me without my money for a week or 2. That doesn't bode well for New Corbins.

That's pretty simple mathematics and economics though with Richard being a single man operation doing it as his leisure compared to Dave's being a formal business with employees to pay at minimum. Did you order off the old site or the new site? I would bet there was no intention to for that "Rob Peter to pay Paul" mentality, although I can definitely understand the frustration of paying for something that doesn't exist and waiting for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_4x4 View Post

Question: "Who is a pessimist?"

Answer: "A pessimist is an optimist, but with life experience"
    Can't resist...

I used to tell people I was an optimistic pessimist: I knew "it" was likely to go in the hamper, but with hard work we could "make it happen"...

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Reloader View Post
    That's pretty simple mathematics and economics though with Richard being a single man operation doing it as his leisure compared to Dave's being a formal business with employees to pay at minimum. Did you order off the old site or the new site? I would bet there was no intention to for that "Rob Peter to pay Paul" mentality, although I can definitely understand the frustration of paying for something that doesn't exist and waiting for a refund.
    You may miscomprehend the consistency of circumstance at both Dave and Richard's place. I have a feeling both businesses have waxed and waned through the years as far as size of business goes. They have both been and continue to be small businesses. You could be completely right about the whole Peter and Paul thing, but the sad part is that if they are running a consistent and efficient and reputable business, they are running it in such a way as to appear otherwise. As a former IT person for many years, I know it is easy enough to redirect all orders from the old site to a "pardon our progress" page, even if you don't want to take the old pages down, a few minutes of work. All orders go to one page that takes your money (or should if your programmer/web designer was worth a flip). If you don't spend a few minutes to change that one page, there is a reason. None of those possible reasons for not changing that look good for "New Corbins". They range from at best incompetent to something worse. At any rate, I wish them well and I wish you well. I was willing to try the "New Corbins" out with a "Special" that was the right price and supposedly in stock (Dave Corbin finish quality has always been good, even if some of his engineering design is less than excellent and business practices iffy). I can order only the well-designed, well priced pieces, but it looks like business practice is still iffy. Time will tell.

In the mean time RCE, the one man "at his leisure business", keeps more items consistently in stock, keeps them clearly indicated as such on his efficient web site. RCE is the ONLY purveyor of bullet swaging dies that keeps even a small inventory in stock, and clearly communicates what is in stock in his clear and concise online catalog. Everyone else you have to email and wait for response or order at your peril. If RCE takes you money he sends your product muy pronto, no BS. He makes sure BEFORE he takes your money. It kind of begs the question why the "formal business with employees" can't do at least as well. Richard Corbin could take pictures of every kind of thing he has ever made and make a web site so large and so convoluted no one ever knows what is in stock, including employees. "New Corbins" may be a factory with a hundred employees, or it could be 3 people in the front office working from home, and one guy in the shop running around trying to keep front office promises because the front office people can't run the machines. I don't know, but from all indications it is closer to the later than the former. Richard Corbin has a different business model, better engineering, equal to better quality, and MUCH better prices across the board. I like it. To each his own.

Boolit Master
    I didn't know Dave had sold the business but he certainly deserved to retire. I have spent many hours in Dave's shop out in White City and in Richard's small one-man shop near Phoenix, Oregon. Very different but very interesting and talented men. I am sorry that swaging has gotten so expensive, but so much precision is required in the manufacture of the dies that is it understandable.