WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: #1 Rolling Block .32-20 WCF

#1 Rolling Block .32-20 WCF

Bid on this at an auction, and forgot about it. I try not to watch auctions, and when I bid I never go back to see if I'm outbid. And if I get a notice I'm outbid I don't go back either. I never got a notice, and this morning I wondered who won it? The site had a "You Won" at the item, so it's mine once I figure out how they invoice me? Sent them an email asking for an invoice to pay.
    It was advertised as a "#1 1/2", but obviously it's a #1 as it has a stepped side receiver. Big action for the little .32-20, but that's part of why I wanted it. Likely was a .32 Long that got rechambered as cartridge stamping isn't Remington's work. Should be a fun plinker to see how far I can stretch it out! It has an MVA mid-range tang sight, and I'll change the silver blade up front to a globe to get more accuracy.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    I will not lie: I'm envious!
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Buddy
    Lucky rifle to have found such a good home! Congrats Vall.
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life

Boolit Master
    Very nice - I'm a big fan of the 32-20 cartridge and this is a great example of a companion rifle.

I have other rifles and pistols in .32-20, and although I never think of companion cartridges as I don't carry both rifles and matching caliber pistols together, I do love both in the same .32-20 cartridge.
    I'm always surprised when any Remington Rolling Block Sporting Rifle sells at a very reasonable price, but glad to add it to my collection. Hope it's a great shooter too!

Boolit Master

NIIIIIIICE!

Is that likely to be a .312"-ish groove, or something weird? Not that I mind weird - the blown-out .32-20 case required of the Martini Cadet conversions is one of my favorite things to shoot, but. . .weird!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Binky & New Bullet 2.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	323743
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Sweet looking original roller Val, thanks for sharing the pics, be sure and post some better ones when you recieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    NIIIIIIICE!

Is that likely to be a .312"-ish groove, or something weird? Not that I mind weird - the blown-out .32-20 case required of the Martini Cadet conversions is one of my favorite things to shoot, but. . .weird!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Binky & New Bullet 2.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	323743
    Most old .32 rifles of this era will be pretty consistent around .311-.313" groove.

Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    Sweet looking original roller Val, thanks for sharing the pics, be sure and post some better ones when you recieve it.
    Not sure if my pictures will be better quality, but I will take more once I get it here. Never dealt with this auction house, so not sure how fast they ship?

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Very nice , congrats to you .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Big surprise just now! The #1 Rolling Block in .32-20 just got delivered! Didn't check this morning as yesterday it still said Tuesday delivery. Suddenly a knock on the door and there was the brown truck!

The auction house did a great job packing it in bubble wrap, and it took me 15 minutes to cut all the tape and reveal the rifle! The gun is much nicer than auction pictures, with all original finish on the stock and forearm, and excellent bluing on the barrel! As suspected it's been rechambered from a .32 Long to be a .32-20. But I suspected it was a .32 Long RF, but it wasn't. It has the original centerfire breech block, so it was always a centerfire. Barrel is marked E Remington & Sons, and "32" on the bottom flat ahead of the forearm. Bore looks very shootable, and I'll run a tight patch through it before I slug it to see the groove diameter.

Dug through my case of spare sights and found a brand new Remington windage globe with spirit level in my stash with the correct .437" dovetail. But it's a lot of sight for this little rifle, so I might shoot it with the silver blade first, and see how it does before I put something so expensive on it.

Boolit Master

DAA-YA-AAAM!

Yes, your new rifle warrants a three-syllable "DAMN!" Sexy little thing!
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master

Good on you !
    I look at that same place monthly. I think that Roller was #231...
    Well anyway I was looking for a woods rifle so ruled out that roller due to the heavy barrel for a 32 WCF. But it sure looked nice and that rear sight a real winner.
    Would have been a dandy 50-90 !
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Good on you !
    I look at that same place monthly. I think that Roller was #231...
    Well anyway I was looking for a woods rifle so ruled out that roller due to the heavy barrel for a 32 WCF. But it sure looked nice and that rear sight a real winner.
    Would have been a dandy 50-90 !
    Well glad I didn't get anymore competition, as I wasn't much above the end bid when it stopped!