WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: 460 Rowland

Boolit Master

460 Rowland

Not exactly a cast bullet post, but... A couple days ago I was reloading a good sized batch of 45 ACP with range pick-up brass. During the loading session for reasons unclear one case came out from under my Dillon powder drop with an insanely large belled case mouth. What the heck? Seated a bullet and it would go way, way down in there. I wondered to myself, how could everything suddenly have gotten so far out of adjustment? Well of course it wasn't an adjustment thing, but rather a rouge case. Star brass bearing ROWLAND 460.

Never heard of it until I did some googling. I doubt I'll ever see another one which is fine with me. Small vs large primers are enough of a headache without having to watch for 1/16" longer cases. Sheesh...
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

I hear ya, small primers ACPs really are a pain when running a batch. I never catch them until the primer doesn't seat.

I remember this round coming out. Way back in the day, Johnny Rowland had "The Shootin Show" on satellite TV. Very poorly produced pirate TV show but we watched anyway. Cool little piece of gun industry history. So many rounds like that come and go.

And yes I hate small primer 45. I throw it away
    And just for your info... casting with a single cavity is about as close as you can get to zero production, while still having some production. -- Whitespider

Hmmm..... lets see, Florida and a Rowland fired case. No1 must have been shooting there and dropped one.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Buddy
    I had to go find my loaded ammo with small primer ACPs so I can shoot some 45s and reload this summer. Large pistol primers are still unavailable or $150 per thousand.

I had 400 loaded rounds stashed in the bottom of the ammo cans so they didn't get mixed in my large primer empty cases again. Now they are gonna keep the blackhawk and 1911 fed all summer if I don't lose them.