MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: .32 Rimfire

Boolit Master

.32 Rimfire

The above open letter to Starline reminded me that I sent an email to Aquilla a few years ago asking them to consider loading a run of .32 long rimfire. Figured there might be as much demand for .32 RF as for the 5mm they had loaded. I Got the usual courteous reply that they are always considering such things. Considering the astronomical prices people ask for .32 RF seems like a smaller manufacturer could crank out a few million rounds and sell them at enough profit to make it worthwhile. I know the high volume loaders wouldn't consider it, but if you shoot .32 rimfire it couldn't hurt to send them or another smaller manufacturer an email.

Boolit Master
    I have contacted Navy Arms several times over the years, there nearly always seems to be a 2 year time frame for export.
    It would likely take an effort similar to the 1895 Winchester in 405 WCF release, if a well known model was reinforced or reimagined - it would happen.
    One other hang up I could foresee is the HUGE number of boy's rifles chambered for the 32 RF that could potentially be using that ammunition that may be dangerous at anything other than an extremely light loading.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    A fella recently posted photos of his virtually new, possibly unfired Remington Rolling Block No. 4, and quite understandably bemoaned the lack of affordable .32 Long ammunition. Perhaps in future some process akin to 3D printing in brass will arise that will permit "boutique" ammunition makers to profitably produce relatively small lots of these wonderful obsolete cartridges. They'll need bank-vault secure inurance, of course.

Boolit Master
    I have a very small "boutique" ammunition company myself as well as spoken with many more about manufacturing. The amount of regulations between making centerfire ammunition versus rimfire ammunition is vast. Also, ready made cups are not available so one would have to make them as well.
    I shoot a variety of unobtanium rimfires with reloadable cases. Ndnchf on this forum has an extensive collection of posts and YouTube videos discussing that very subject.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk