Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Starline:

Boolit Buddy
    I just wish they would make the 45-2.6 I have had on backorder for three years.

Boolit Man
    For the wishlist…6BR Norma please.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    IMO you have to make it easy for Starline. Random requests are likely ignored. The really odd ball requests are "shop humor".

Start with a group buy folr something that has decent volume...like .22 Hornet? Contact Starline and get a quote for 10k cases and 25k cases. They will respond to that.

Poll the forum and see if there is enough interest. Like we used to do with mold buys.

Manufacturing plants do not make money on inventory, and they have a minimum run size to be profitable.

A couple of hundred cases for your gun is important to you but not to Starline. You have to make it important to them. "Banked" orders have a chance of success.
    Therein lies the best suggestion, IMO. If I could afford a couple thousand bucks to prompt them to make a run of 10K .32-20 cases I would, and sell the 9500 I don't need/want at cost to make it happen. I personally have no interest in some of the calibers mentioned above but would applaud the effort it would take to get Starline off their butts to make them.

While we're at it, get them to make a batch of .25-20 Single Shot brass. I'm tired of making them out of .223 brass to feed my .25-20 Single Shots and Lovell wildcats!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Abert Rim View Post
    Gentlemen and women:
    I know you get requests by the bucket load on a daily basis. Here is mine: After rediscovering the .30/.32 family of pistol cartridges thanks to the .327 Federal Magnum and your excellent brass, I took another look at the .30 Super Carry and am now shooting and loading for it. I don't know what modifications it would take to the drawing and forming process you use to produce .32 French Longue, but surely it wouldn't take much more to produce .30 Super Carry. There is a small but growing cadre of dedicated .30 SC shooters out there who would be forever grateful -- and thrilled to buy your product.
    Thanks for listening!
    Bill in Sweetwater, TX
    Haven't gotten into the 30SC yet, but I did find it interesting when I first saw it. Sounded like a really neat idea, but I'm giving it some more time to develop. In the meantime, can we PLEASE get Sig to give us an official copy of the Norinco NP762 / N226?!?!? 17rds of 7.62x25 makes the 30SC irrelevant.... 30 SC is only slightly more potent than the 30 Luger from the data I've seen: 100gr @ 1250fps vs 92gr at 1200fps. As opposed to 92gr at 1450 fps....

But generally, yes... They should offer brass for the 30 SC.

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    5.45x39r
    Man.... Or possibly a company to offer some correct bullets for it..... Supposedly PSA has this on the list for releasing US made ammo in 2024....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Targa View Post
    I would like to see 32-20 available, or at least on backorder.
    Starline had 32-20 brass in stock today from 3:20 PM EST (when I got my notification) till about 5:30PM.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    Starline had 32-20 brass in stock today from 3:20 PM EST (when I got my notification) till about 5:30PM.
    1 and 1/2 hours and it is all gone; poor business IMO- if they are making 32-20, going through the process of set up and all it takes, then why not make 100,000 or 5 times that? seems odd to make just a few that are gone in minutes especially something in high demand as 32-20, 25-20, 22 hornet, 218 bee and others..Happy you scored some...
    Last edited by gc45; 02-22-2024 at 09:16 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Dear Starline,

Thank you for not producing any .30 Remington and .357 Remington Maximum Brass. It allows me to sell my NOS brass for FIVE TiMES what I bought it for
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Thank you for the heads up but yeh, unfortunately I missed out.

My first new Starline brass purchase, which is 45-70 is calibrating undersized?

They wouldn't fit a RCBS 45 rifle trim pilot, and after wrinkling 2 cases, I measured a few and they seem quite undersized with ID being .445 and OD measuring .469
    It should measure .458 ID and .480 OD measurements

Boolit Master
    Well, they didn't really have it in stock, but rather available for backorder. I got some ordered that may or may not arrive within 30 days.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gc45 View Post
    1 and 1/2 hours and it is all gone; poor business IMO- if they are making 32-20, going through the process of set up and all it takes, then why not make 100,000 or 5 times that? seems odd to make just a few that are gone in minutes especially something in high demand as 32-20, 25-20, 22 hornet, 218 bee and others..Happy you scored some...
    I agree. They see all these old cartridges get grabbed up like free food at a picnic every time they produce some but don't seem to be willing to make more than a tiny handful at one time. Their "open window" of availability is typically a few hours at best. If that doesn't show a demand I don't know what it will take to convince them otherwise.

As far as a Group Buy goes, how does that work? It's easy to get a bunch of people on a anonymous forum to say they will buy something but how does that hold each of the accountable to follow through with it? And it would take so long to organize from requesting Orders to final production and delivery of the product that a bunch of people would not even remember they participated in it. And you can hardly expect a single person to finance the whole deal. I know it's been done here though on molds - just not sure of details.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    5.45x39r
    A ton of 5.45 guns, dies and bullets by Hornady, but no brass to load. Brass is definitely needed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    I agree. They see all these old cartridges get grabbed up like free food at a picnic every time they produce some but don't seem to be willing to make more than a tiny handful at one time. Their "open window" of availability is typically a few hours at best. If that doesn't show a demand I don't know what it will take to convince them otherwise.

As far as a Group Buy goes, how does that work? It's easy to get a bunch of people on a anonymous forum to say they will buy something but how does that hold each of the accountable to follow through with it? And it would take so long to organize from requesting Orders to final production and delivery of the product that a bunch of people would not even remember they participated in it. And you can hardly expect a single person to finance the whole deal. I know it's been done here though on molds - just not sure of details.
    Well, the only real way to get it done is the old way... Get a list of people who want it, they pay up front, have a person Honcho the group buy that holds the money in trust until the product is delivered to the honcho, he/she then splits it up, and ships it to the individuals. That's the way we used to have to do group buys back in the day before all the custom mold makers came around....

Quote Originally Posted by freddyp View Post
    A ton of 5.45 guns, dies and bullets by Hornady, but no brass to load. Brass is definitely needed.
    Technically you can make it from .223/5.56, but case life isn't super long. Still, if you need it, it can be made....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Well, the only real way to get it done is the old way... Get a list of people who want it, they pay up front, have a person Honcho the group buy that holds the money in trust until the product is delivered to the honcho, he/she then splits it up, and ships it to the individuals. That's the way we used to have to do group buys back in the day before all the custom mold makers came around....

Technically you can make it from .223/5.56, but case life isn't super long. Still, if you need it, it can be made....
    Good post.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Would love to see them produce 22 Hornet, 257 Roberts and 300 WSM brass. I have sent in these suggestions.

I recently received 45-70 brass. Maybe I had better check the dimensions.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post

I agree with Don, good post.

It might help for some perspective that they will be looking for an order closer to 1 million than any figure mentioned so far in this thread. Yes, we're talking a group buy where 100 forum members would be needing to order 5 or 10K, 500 forum members ordering 1 or 2K, etc.

It's been a long time but the last brass group buy I was on was 357 max and the buy was at least a half million and I bought 2K.

Boolit Buddy
    I would be in on a GroupBuy for a couple K of various cartridges, the problem is we all have different needs lol.

But maybe starting a thread with a list of cartridges, and who/how many, would give us an idea on demand…
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Grand Master
    I just sent an inquiry to Starline so will update as I learn more.

This should let us know if they are interested. I have asked for volume, approximate pricing on .22 Hornet and 7x57, and how they would package the brass. This will let us see what a group buy might look like.

If they respond, I will start a new thread to get thoughts and ideas from those who wish to move forward.

BTW, I will not be participating as I only use standard readily available brass. I have time to get the ball rolling and do the leg work.

Not sure I want to "honcho" this. I used to do this with ammunition, component and shot purchases at the trap club I was a member of. Typically, orders were about $10-15k. Only got burned once but it was stuff I could use so no big deal.

If, as Ed K posted, the minimum order is 500k cases in one caliber it will likely die. But even 50k cases means an order of about $15-20k. There needs a way to protect the guy doing this.

My initial thoughts are to have Starline handle it all. Say a minimum order of 1000 cases packed in bulk. The customer places his order with a CC and paid for upfront. Starline has six weeks to deliver order or buyer can charge back. No risk at all this way.
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by freddyp View Post
    Forming from .350 legend is working out for a guy in discord.

Starline really needs to expand. Ever since they started making rifle calibers, the brass has been flying off their shelves.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast