WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Bp revolver reloading stand

Bp revolver reloading stand

Will be making one form off the gun loading but need some advice … not sure of the model number on the horizontal piston toggle clamp that I need as they are so many and sizes … any advice much appreciated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM005657.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	323446 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM005664.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	323447

Is this what you have in mind. You could make one, but they're commercially available from several sources and not too expensive.

DG

Boolit Grand Master

simple enough design that is shown a length of round stock for the up right and some flat stock for the lever set into a file handle sand and finish. I think a desstacco clamp will cost more than what a new pre made one will cost.

Boolit Master
    This whole thing sort of puzzles me. First the gun in the picture looks to be a backward converted cartridge revolver to make it cap and ball. I guess that it does not have a loading lever and that is why you want that sort of rig. The only reason I would want a rig like that is if I have a gun without a loading lever or I had multiple cylinders to load and carry. I have a stand that holds my revolver standing up for convenient loading.
    TEK
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Grand Master

I used one at the range as it had better leverage. and to keep wear off the guns lever except when I couldnt use the jig. It also saved handling the firearm on the range.

Cheers gentlemen for your replies but it’s not the one shown as I already have that … it’s one I’ve seen on YouTube which looks cool .
    If you type in horizontal piston toggle lamp it should bring a picture up .
    I took a chance and ordered one from Temu so not expecting great things but who knows

Boolit Master
    The setup pictured is a cap&ball version of the Colt SAA that Uberti allegedly made for the English Cowboy Action shooters when their cartridge guns were banned. Obviously, with no loading lever on the revolver, a separate stand was needed. The cartridge ejector is fully functional, but of course has no use since there are no cartridges. Also, the hammer striker is offset so one cannot simply convert it to cartridge by putting in a .45 cylinder.

Cabela’s got in a bunch of them, and apparently they didn’t sell, so were offered at a closeout price too good to pass up. I got a 7-1/2” barrel one and was delighted with how well it shot, although you need a surface (step stool, table or truck tailgate) to load the cylinder.

After breaking the loading lever on my replica Remington Pocket Pistol, I made a miniature version of the Cabela’s loader. The only critical measurements are the center-to-center of the lever fulcrum and cylinder pin, and the center-to-center distance from fulcrum screw to ram screw on the lever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAF5E5EC-0BA0-4D6E-86B6-A25D43EDBB2E.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	323851
    This is the toggle I am on about and some reloaders use them to seat bullets in my cylinder . I just need to know which model they use as they come in various sizes … many thanks