Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMCD ProductsLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cannelure tool

Boolit Buddy
    I was the one who purchased I believe the last one. Used mine for doing exactly what it was intended for adding cannelure. Nice tool.

Boolit Mold
    Check www.corbins.com and search for cannelure tool. Dave Corbin owns and runs the bullet swaging company, and he sells all the tools required for producing swaged lead and jacketed bullets.

I have a C-H tool. It works but I replaced the round ball that is designed to put pressure on the cannelure disc with a longer handle made of wood. It allows putting more pressure on the disc because of added leverage.

Jim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BGM56 View Post
    I will soon be producing this cannelure tool.

Attachment 328060
    I once had and probably still do have a tool that look like that. It was not very precise as to where it put the cannelure or how deep it was going to be. The idea was to use for being able to more securely crimp jacketed bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by rcslotcar View Post
    chuckbuster "Ultimate Cannelure Tool" I don't know if he still makes them. I own the wide model #091 with additional tooling.
    Mine is #202 purchased 9/2023
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

A little later to the party but I thought I would chime in once.
    The UCT is no longer being produced. In November of 2022 I moved from Michigan to Texas for a variety of reasons, and for his own variety of reasons, my partner who was the real brains behind the UCT decided to stop making them.
    That said, to answer a couple of the questions above;
    The UCT would, as mentioned above, with a different set of rollers, roll a groove on a case. We also had as an option a wheel that would do a checkered pattern on a lead bullet to hold Lube. We even did one SPECIAL for a small ammunition MFG to use in their R&D work developing .22LR ammo that would roll crimp the case mouth onto the heel of their bullets. This was purely for R&D for them before they made full investment into the production equipment they would need.
    In closing, The UCT was a fun project for several years. We ended up building just over 200 tools, I wish I had kept track of all the places they went to. Thru it I met some great people in many different places.
    Thanx for listening to me ramble
    Shoot straight
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter