Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Krag stock question

Boolit Master

Krag stock question

I'm still looking for a sporter stock for my Springfield 1898 Krag. There's so many models of the Krag, that if I find one for sale, I want to make sure that my barreled action will fit properly. I know there are some members here that have plenty of expierience with the Krag rifles and there different models. I don't have the room, or the tools to do any inletting, so I'm going to have to purchase a used one that someone wants to get rid of, and maybe refinish it myself. So, I guess the question is,
    Will all of the different models of Krag stocks interchange, or do I have to purchase a stock that was built for and dedicated to the 1898 only. If I buy something on line, I want to be able to positivly know if it is going to fit my barreled action. Any and all information is greatly appreciated.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Check out the Krag Collections Forum. Someone over there might be able to help.

Boolit Mold
    Although the '98 action should physically fit in any stock, unless you use a '98 stock (or sporter made specifically for the 98) there will be an unsightly gap around the bolt handle area. Earlier versions such as the Model 1892 or 1896 won't fit in a '98 stock without alteration. Model 1898 was by far the most produced version of the Krag, so it shouldn't be difficult to find the right style of stock for it. Hope this helps.

Boolit Master

Thank you for the information. That's what I was looking for.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.