WidenersLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Borchardt Rifle Company

Boolit Bub

Borchardt Rifle Company

Hello,

I am looking to get my Sharps Borchardt re-barreled and wanted to hear what people's experiences have been with the "Borchardt Rifle Company". Thanks!

Boolit Grand Master

I have one of their rifles its very nice and a shooter. Ive heard good things about his barrel. Look up the web site and contact Al.

Boolit Bub
    Thank you, everything looks great on the website, I was just eager to get some 1st hand accounts of performance. Glad to hear you like their rifle.

Boolit Master

Borchardt rifle Co in Silver City, New Mexico is a great company! Al and Clay are first class. Have installed their barrels and have found them to be top shelf. I have been a firearms manufacturer for over 30 years and know quality. Clay takes time to true his barrel blanks before rifling them. Last year Borchardt made a 34" barrel for a shot out and corroded barrel on an Austrian Werndl rifle. Instead of rebarreling it to the original 11mm Austrian I elected to thread up a 45-70 blank. The gun shoots clover leafs with cast 385gr Magma .458 dia boolits at 50 yards from the bench and sand bags. Clay provided me with a blank that had a large enough diameter so that I could chuck up the blank in my Cincinnati dividing head and machine the rear sight dovelail base for the rear sight. Right now Borchardt is making up a 40 cal blank for a customers No. 5 Remington Rolling block. It will be a 40-65 WCF Creedmore rifle. I almost hate to tell other gunsmiths about Borchardt Barrels as the guys will get so busy Clay and Al will not have time for my orders. ER Shaw is right in my back yard but they don't have time to do any work! They are apparently too busy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Werndl11.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	323381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Werndl3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	323382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	werndl12.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	323383
    Last edited by Rockindaddy; 02-13-2024 at 11:16 AM. Reason: photo

Boolit Bub
    Great endorsement. Sounds like the right people to work on my Sharps!

Never heard a bad comment about Al's work, and their barrels have been known to shoot excellent groups. I don't think you'd go wrong using BRC.

Boolit Bub
    Good to know, I will give them a call. Thanks!

Boolit Master
    As a side-bar to all of this Irish-Maniac did a fine job casting my .577-450 bullets, forming the brass, paper patching and loading inert rounds for me to use in photos and eventually a museum display for Hollywood Reloading presses.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1123.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	323409
    Last edited by John Wayne; 02-14-2024 at 11:47 AM.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Bub
    I am glad you are happy with the end result! I try to make a quality product!

~J