Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Using "Wasted Food"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Long ago, I remember with my babysitter going to some warehouse downtown, as we entered the building there was some fold-up tables with a person handing out big blocks of cheese. I never thought the country would revert back those days. My only question now is, where is that free cheese?
    I received Gov't Cheese once! The first year we received it in Colorado, I was home on leave for hunting season. The only requirement to receive it was a Colorado Drivers License. The next year, you had to be unemployed or on welfare.
    I believe our Gov't has stopped storing food for the bad times.

Boolit Master

I moved to a small town in SE Missouri. I went to the Senior Center to get to know some of the local folks. A lot of old folks here are barely eating and their food money doesn't last through the whole month. They can get one free meal a day on the days the Senior Center is open. usually Monday to Friday, but closed for foul weather.
    I have chickens now! I take the extra eggs in and give them away.

Boolit Buddy
    Here in the 49th state we have 92,000 people on SNAP (food stamps) out of a population that is very likely now less than 700,000. Public schools give 3 meals a day to any student that wants them without requesting any income information. State government, which does the bookkeeping for the federal food programs - by decree, they claim - has been unable to keep up with the new food stamp enrollees for at least the past year. Hundreds of new administrators have been added to chase the growing demand.

At the same time we have we have public and private employers having a difficult time hiring people. Almost all food consumed here is imported from other states.

An estimated 95 percent of the state population has their health care paid by government one way or another. The regional private, nonprofit health care provider for BIA beneficiaries (people here from any state that are at least 1/32 Native American) just raised their starting minimum wage to $25 per hour.

Government and tribal corporations own just about all the land in this state.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234