Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Modifying Dies - Nambu

Boolit Mold

Modifying Dies - Nambu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1572.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	326272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1574.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	326273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1571.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	326269
    8mm nambu the cheap way is back. I know I know there’s nearly zero interest in this round, but still for the one or two guys llke me looking to do this on the cheap here is another way to do it.

I took a Lee32Win Sp die and cut off about .900”. Doing this means you can not fit a nut on top- so I put it on the bottom. I made a recessed nut as I thought it might be easier but in reality a regular lock nut will also work- you might just need to reduce the OD a bit.

For those who missed my last post on this. The 32 win sp die will do all the case neck forming as well as swage the base. This suggestion here is not for swaging but about straight reloading/resizing without shelling out ridiculous amounts of cash. I bought this Lee die for 19 bucks.

I hope this helps some like me trying to save a buck and still get to shoot this antiquated round

EDIT: Sorry about the pic orientation, not sure how they got rotated. The last pic is of the die installed from the bottom in my rock chucker. Mentally rotate 90 degree clockwise for proper orientation.
    Last edited by RacinJacin; 05-05-2024 at 07:02 AM.

That is neat and interesting, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    I was just thinking about this. If one was put off from having to put the nut on the bottom you could raise the die back up and use an extra long shell holder or ram extension. Seems like I've see those but don't know how easy they are to come by. Personal preference I suppose.

Boolit Master

I found a ram extension on my lathe.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    I found a ram extension on my lathe.
    Thats where I normally find these things too. Part of my reason for suggesting that is because I realize not everyone has the same access to tools as I do. Its amazing how many things I take for granted. Just the other day I found a WW2 Webley screw hiding inside of a 1/4-20 SHSC. Waste not want not.