Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cast Boolit Shooters in Texas??

Boolit Grand Master

Lead and lead wheel weights are getting hard to find .
    Joe shut down all the USA lead mines and we are now dependant on those who are not our friends for lead .
    I would rent a U-Haul and take my stash with me ... you may not be able to replace your stash at any price ... My Advice ... Take what you have with you !
    I live in backwards Louisiana and can't find wheel weights and scrap lead like I could just 10-20 years ago !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

You should be able to bring at least 500# with you. Bring the good alloy, Sell the rest & then start over scrounging. That is my plan when i move out of kalif.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Buddy
    Shiloh, get in touch when you get down here, I am in the Killeen area. I shoot gong matches twice a month most of the year. We shoot out to 400+ yards though. These are cowboy type, lever action and Sharps or other single shots with iron sights or period scopes. Lots of fun and good folks. Shoot off benches or cross sticks, my days of high power or action games are pretty much done also. I would also bring the lead you have, getting harder to source now. And welcome to TX, land of God, guns and patriots.

There is a place in Crawford that shoots gong matches out to 1k. He has some BP matches and some highpower. There is also some 22 and full bore bpcr matches in graham. 22 is on Saturday and BP on Sunday, the schedule is on fb.

Boolit Buddy
    Steve could you share the names of the clubs/ranges or contact info for these shoots.

Boolit Master
    Like the others have said, ship it, haul it or be prepared to pay higher prices for replacement. Around where live outside of H-town there are plenty of place to look but few places to find. A lot of casters in the area kept things to a minimal, so I bulk purchased when I could afford it.

I would haul it if at all possible, 400# shouldn't take up much room.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt H View Post
    Steve could you share the names of the clubs/ranges or contact info for these shoots.
    When the schedule is set I will. Graham is posted on Facebook.

Bring lead with you. By yourself or movers. Ammo, primers and powder in your vehicle. There is a seller in Houston for LARGE sales of lead. Or Roto metals. Most tire shops have a deal with scrappers for WWs. I got some free from a local shop couple times, most was junk and they don't do it anymore.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master
    When I moved from California to Virginia, I ended up moving all my reloading supplies including my lead in a large U-haul van. Along with my personal effects, the additional weight wasn't noticeable. I saved about 1100 dollars doing it myself over what it would have cost me to have my stuff shipped, but I still would have had to haul my primers, powder and ammo in my car. I only had about 200 pounds of lead, but that would have shipped no problem.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

My son's mover won't take bullets, even new boxed J-words or Lead boolits or powder, but they did move bulk lead. He had a total weight limit ( Military Move )
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 02-20-2024 at 11:09 AM. Reason: small keybroad large fingers
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Moderator Emeritus

If you're driving a personal car, get a uhaul car trailer and tow truck. In todays world, you will find it difficult or expensive to replace the lead you have, even if it's only 400 lbs.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    A pound of lead in the hand is better than 2 pounds in the bush....if you can find it. If you have lead, keep it! I have a local scrapyard that will still sell lead to me, but that could change at any time. Wheel weights are a thing of the past, at least around my area.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12