Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could not help myself .44 Walker

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    I have an extra barrel and was toying the idea of 5". How did it feel and shoot, help with the balance at all?
    If you are asking me, yes, the barrel on short mort was 5” long. It still shot fine and it still weighed like a boat anchor. I doubt the 4” of barrel amounted to a 6 ounce reduction. Easier to carry? Not really, it is still four plus pounds.

As I said, Walkers (and Dragoons) are an itch that many have to satisfy. Most, wise up and sell them later. Once in a while you will find someone who “…carries it everywhere…”. Okay! My edc is bigger than what many want to carry but it is lighter than what many actually carry.

It is all about trade offs. Me, I traded them both off…

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Master
    Just have not had the courage to cut it, you know that can't back up thing with steel! Speaking of the itch, I am sitting om three and a half big bug bites and still fitting and tuning them up. EDC, no I don't think so, range toy and companion during BP season you bet. Does not feel that much different than the 44 SBH under left arm pit though.

Boolit Master
    …Just have not had the courage to cut it, you know that can't back up thing with steel! ...
    Cutting is the easy part. Besides, you said it was a spare barrel. How are you going to load it with the short barrel? Look at short mort and determine how short the lever part of the loading lever is going to be. That is why I did not attach it. I used a tapered steel dowel to hold the full length loading lever in place for loading. Easy in and out. Loading off the frame is also an option.

… range toy and companion during BP season you bet...
    Please, check with your DNR. In Ohio, a muzzleloader was strictly single shot, revolvers need not apply and were not permitted.

Florida might be different, but check.

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Master
    The pin idea is used here also on several shorties with full length rods. In regard to a revolver/hunting/Muzzle season well, you park the airboat a touch off trail and walk in dark early, mid morning out, afternoon in after dark out. Sometimes there are these big smelly snorting cutter gnashing creatures that really don't like you invading their airspace. They sometimes make about six foot of waist to chest of grass move and then the cheeks get real tight. Can't see, don't know what or how big but we do know they are not bears, but I believe an almost similar pucker factor is there for one to fully enjoy! Never had a problem with Johnny being percussion, centerfire season has a 75B with a whole bunch of 147 Hydro-shocks in a upper left chest rig for rapid deployment. Having been around the sun 62 times one fantasizes about going out with a hot barrel verses cold sheets!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123