RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: rear handgun open sights

Banned

rear handgun open sights

I have what I see is a potential issue, which has been, probably an on going issue with my Taurus 66 rear sight. I guess I might have noticed it before but it bothers me now.

The blade, itself has movement, rocks back and forth like a see saw. The retaining nut on the left has really small slot on either side that looks incredibly hard to get to, and I doubt they make a tool to check for tightness.

What aftermarket sights back and front are a major improvement over these stock sights?

Boolit Buddy

Not positive about a Taurus but most copy a S&W.. The retaining nut you mentioned is staked to the screw for your windage. Wondering if someone raised the sight too high and lost the spring underneath. This little spring pushes up on the rear sight when you raise the sight and compresses when you lower GW

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G W Wade View Post
    Not positive about a Taurus but most copy a S&W.. The retaining nut you mentioned is staked to the screw for your windage. Wondering if someone raised the sight too high and lost the spring underneath. This little spring pushes up on the rear sight when you raise the sight and compresses when you lower GW
    the spring tension on the base is independent with the u notch blade, it's separate from the base.