Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMP Annealing - Mark II Annealer

...today I wouldn't want to get angry again by experimenting with water, flames, etc. because evidently I've seen it wasn't my path .
    I don't have your experience, nor a past as a serious competitor, but over time I have accumulated consistent batches of Norma cases, because for every year I prepared a different K98k with new brass, selected, formed, n.turned, all the jazz, etc.etc. for each rifle_this for a few years, two competitions only any year_I still have everything, but I saw the price of the cases here today, and I'm not just talking about the 8mm. Norma, but for my other calibers too_
    I would like to avoid ruining what I have and avoid buying brass again,
    just as anyone, I would like to avoid spending unnecessarily, therefore I fully agree with your interest_
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Master
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Bub
    No arguing with experience.

I read about the "Quick Anneal" and it seems to be set up based on visually timing the anneal process and setting a timer. The AMP looks to analyze the brass response to heat with the sacrificial brass and establishes a setting based on that, as best as I can tell.

I watched a video comparing the AMP to the "bench source" and neck tension reportedly varied marginally more with the flame annealed brass. Ultimately I guess it would depend on individual need as to how mitigated you would need this deviation to be.

Nichols55,
    ...tempting, but I wouldn't too glad to depend from the availability of gas cans...
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Bub
    I am trying to get away from gas and am trying to move towards a consistent replicable process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12