RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: 300Blackout CVA Scout Pistol

300Blackout CVA Scout Pistol

I am excited to shoot this thing!

Boolit Master

Allot of fun right there!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

My grandson has one, it shoots crazy good. We screwed my Banish 30 on it and had a blast!

The picture of the muzzle and crown look like CVA used a thick walled liner in this pistol barrel.
    Many of us have wondered why CVA never made the Scout or any of their break action rifles in 357 magnum ? From a few threads that I have seen about these pistols they shoot great, wish they were easier to find.
    Jedman

Put a rifle stock on it and SBR?
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    The picture of the muzzle and crown look like CVA used a thick walled liner in this pistol barrel.
    Many of us have wondered why CVA never made the Scout or any of their break action rifles in 357 magnum ? From a few threads that I have seen about these pistols they shoot great, wish they were easier to find.
    Jedman
    They do,
    But only in Europe and New Zealand

Buds has them in .300, 6.5 Cr, .350 L, and .44 mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a v2 rifle. For a lot of fun put 20.0gr of Lil Gun under a 90gr XTP pistol bullet.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

I'm pretty excited I have a whole bunch of different powder coated cast lead bullets to test out. The best part is that the dummy rounds that I made the other night function great!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedman View Post
    Jedman
    A guy I shoot with sometimes came up with one in .357 Mag somewhere and had it reamed to .357 Max, it's a shooter! I have no idea where he got it.

I test fired and plinked a little bit with a variety of different bullets through the Cva Scout pistol and the Ruger American ranch. I shot the 153 sp bullets with a 38 special powder charge of alliant bullseye, they worked notably better in the rifle. Shooting from the ranch rifle it felt and sounded like 22LR eqivalent except with 30 cal. 150 grain bullets.

Then I shoot the rcbs sil 170 grain HP-GC and MP308 Hunter FN bullets with 14 grains of H110 through the pistol and NOT the rifle and shot at paper plates. Next time I'm bringing the shooting bags. These two bullets did NOT feed from magazine in the ranch rifle!! The pistol had no issues with chambering anything and the rifling is pretty clean and not leading. Both loads were reasonably accurate grouping about like a postage stamp at thirty yards. Now that I know it's going to work in the pistol -I am looking at these lyman #2 bullets I cast last spring. I am waiting for a sixteen+ pound batch of the NOE225 RN 3%antimony 1.5% tin bullets I cast on Friday to settle and put this keg of H110 to good use for all the bullets. I have sized all bullets to 309 with my lee hand press. I am testing the servicios aventuras primers, and am loading in matched r-p 300 blackout brass.

The purple mold has turned black after I casted ZINC bullets. It cleaned up very well with the oily cotton rag rubbed vigorously on the very hot steel noe mold.

Boolit Master

I have had my CVA fora few years now and it is a great shooting pistol. Lots of fun shooting steel plates at distance. I was really impressed with the quality of the barrel, it shoots great and stays nice and clean.

I put a 4x Leupold handgun scope on mine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300BO CVA SCOUT.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	323556

Here are the two bullets I shoot in it.

They are both NOE moulds and the heavier one is 200 gr. and the lighter one on the right is a 150 gr.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300BO 208 155 HT2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	323557