Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

View Poll Results: Which should I get (next)?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • .357 Lever gun

30 52.63%
  • 9mm PPC

6 10.53%
  • Other

21 36.84%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dilemma - what to lust after next

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Voted other. Reason is for the next couple years a 22lr or 9mm will be the only cheap shooters. The 357/38 can be if you’re rolling your own but that is the if. I guess it boils down to how much you actually shoot or desire to shoot.
    I already stated that I have lots of brass and lead, and adequate supplies of primers. Pretty much implies that yes, I roll my own.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Just for a monkey wrench, have you considered one of the new mfg M1 Carbines?
    Nope. Have an old one. But thanks for the suggestion, and .30 M1 Carbines are FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    I have an old Marlin 94c 357 mag that I found in a little country store here in NW FL. I put a 2-7 scope on it. One big mistake made by 357 mag rifle owners is to load a rifle like a pistol. Big mistake, every rifle should be loaded like a rifle, at higher pressure with rifle primers and heavy for diameter bullets. I use RCBS 200s in my 357mag 94c at about 1900 fps . Packs a decent punch for a small rifle.
    Agreed. Was talking with a friend a couple of days ago, and he was talking about the rifle only loads he has for his .45 Colt lever gun. Keeps them in a special ammo box and blacks the entire head of the shell to warn against shooting them in his revolver.

And now, I'm thinking - Hmm? .45 Colt in a lever gun? Maayyybbbeeee

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Ummm. . .in your opening post. S&W isn't currently listing the 25/625, FWIW.
    Oh. Well, since I was asking about long guns, I felt I was pretty much already implying that I wasn't considering the .45 ACP revolver at this time.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cpaspr View Post
    Agreed. Was talking with a friend a couple of days ago, and he was talking about the rifle only loads he has for his .45 Colt lever gun. Keeps them in a special ammo box and blacks the entire head of the shell to warn against shooting them in his revolver.

And now, I'm thinking - Hmm? .45 Colt in a lever gun? Maayyybbbeeee
    I use .38 Long Colt brass to make my ICORE and USPSA Revolver loads. They are a .38 Special +P load in brass .120 shorter and a boolit that seats very deep. As I have gotten on in years I grew concerned that after I passed someone might get hold of them and try to fire them in an older revolver. Here is the solution I came up with.

.45 Colt loaded hot for a lever action would be a good truck gun. Fills a different niche than a .357 or 9mm carbine though…
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

I've a Rossi 357 and changed out the Buckhorn to a peep. Got one that fit where the Buckhorn was. Love the gun..... and it's not that far above your $700

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    The Rossi would be in the running, but since I started this inquiry, I've seen enough along the lines of "love my Rossi 92, now that I've got it back two years after I sent it in for repairs" to make me very leary of them.

Boolit Buddy
    Well crap. Just talked to my LGS this evening. He has a older, and I quote "beautiful" Remington made Marlin in .38/.357, with scope, going up on the rack tomorrow. $950. And me with an almost empty gun fund.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    Marlin but in .44 Mag.
    This me as well!

VIVA the 44 magnum!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy
    But then, you'd have to change your handle to Four44s.

Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    This me as well!

VIVA the 44 magnum!

Three44s

Boolit Buddy
    With reloading components what they are these days. My vote is for a single shot rifle in a black powder cartridge. Black powder is much easier to get than smokeless powder. A trap door, rolling block, or falling block action would be good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123