RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another discarded dog

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    Another unwanted dog was dumped off on my road a few days after the big snow and record breaking freeze that began a couple weeks ago a skin and bones dog found a place to get out of the freezing wind on my back porch. this dog is a medium size looks like some sort of black and white collie mix. real timid, a total wimp, totally non aggressive, four of my six bravest cats sleep within a yard or two of it. the thing is ive got one dog I rescued from out in the woods and I dont want another dog. ive got plenty of pet food so its been regaining its strength and slowly starting to fill out again. I put a collar and leash on it a couple days ago and it became clear instantly it had never had a collar or leash before. and its a full grown dog. it twisted and pulled and slipped out of the collar. and wandered off for a little while but it keeps coming back and curls up on the porch. everyone around here that I know tells me I need to shoot it and be done with it. all of the local pet rescue or whatever places are overfull and cant take any more. I cant put a collar on it and take it to town with a big sign saying free dog. like I did with the last one that showed up. Im at a loss as to what to do with this one. Im not the kind of person that wants to put down a healthy unwanted pet and at the same time ive got enough on my plate and dont really want another
    If we knew what state you are in we might be able to find someone to take them...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    …..yes I also agree most people do not deserve to be people
    That’s why some dogs and people need to be “fixed”. Do you really expect someone who’s will to kill an unborn child to be sentimental about a dog?

Boolit Master

I feel for you if a dog is not mean it needs to find the right home .
    Yesterday I was sitting here and a black horse ran into my back yard it was wearing a blanket but no harness . A drive down the road I found out it was the guy across the road that owned it . He is almost a 1/2 mile down a narrow driveway and has other animals , he got this rescue horse last month it is back with him now . The horse also is very skittish of people or at least of me and the new owner .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    I'm not a mean person and Maybe im just making excuses not to take on another dog that I cant raise from a puppy and is untrained and from experience with in in past couple weeks it is untrainable. but today was almost the last straw with my patience. it had a bowl of food in its belly and the minute I turned around and went inside for something it chased the cats off and ate all their food, twice and then I caught it stealing food from Rufus's bowl. and Rufus having to be tied up was going crazy. it won't end well for this mutt if Rufus gets ahold of him, Rufus is a healthy all muscle red heeler and his bite might not be as strong as a pit bull but its pretty darn good. now ruffs is a totally different story for being a found unwanted abandoned dog. he will go on walks though the woods with me, stays right there with me, will sometimes retrieve stuff like sticks and balls, doesn't even flinch when im shooting a gun and when we get back to his house and chain lets me put it right on him and he is always happy to see me, never cowers off after taking whatever he can get.
    about 35 miles away is a rural king, on a Saturday with good weather if I can get it on a leash with a big sign saying free dog I'm sure I can find someone who would love to have him.
    I'm about an hour northeast of Knoxville kind of in the Lakeway Area of East Tennessee if anyone wants new dog.

Boolit Buddy
    Was having a good day until I read the original post. Shooting a dog that has come to you for help - oh hell no!

Boolit Master
    no, I won't shoot it, but I will find it a new home

Boolit Master
    dog just adopted and picked up by a wonderful woman from church and is naming her "love".
    it was meant to be, the dog jumped in the backseat of her car tail wagging with no force or coaxing just a dog biscuit

Boolit Buddy
    This post ended way better than I was afraid it would. I am a big softie when it comes to dogs and especially for dogs that trusted humans and got screwed or killed for it. Thank you farmbif for finding the dog someone to love, and someone a dog to love. Sitting here looking at our four two rescues and two bought.

Boolit Master
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

You found the dog a good home hopefully. Most ladies are not the type to take in a dog & then abuse it or kill it!

Excellent job there!

Boolit Grand Master
    Farmbif, you just made my hero list, bless you for your patience and kindness.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Excellent outcome!

Thanks for sharing

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

You made the effort and had the outcome you deserved....again, Thanks for sharing....you too can sleep tonight.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Bravo!

There’s a place in heaven for farmbif and the church lady. People that will mistreat animals probably will also mistreat people.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    Special places in hell for people that abandon dogs
    Understated.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Glad your stray dog story had a good ending.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12