RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullet Feed Dies

Hooky set up. die is pretty ard to get adjusted.

Boolit Master
    What I’d like to see is a bullet feeder die that would seat as well, that would eliminate the need for an extra station on a press. Even something similar to the Lee setup with the feeding fingers from the Loadmaster would be nice if it could be made to work right.

I picked up this seater a while back. It is for VLD type bullets. I made a couple inserts to fit the ogive of more round nose bullets. So far it works good. But its one at a time and I don't get my fingers pinched.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fran...client=gws-wiz
    Last edited by DCB; 02-01-2024 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    What I’d like to see is a bullet feeder die that would seat as well, that would eliminate the need for an extra station on a press. Even something similar to the Lee setup with the feeding fingers from the Loadmaster would be nice if it could be made to work right.
    Jmorris posted about such a thing a few posts back, but that company's product was so expensive that sales were not enough to keep it going. I too thought that combining the two functions was the holy grail, so I made it happen for my Lee Pro 6000, at least for rifle....RCBS tube bullet feeder or a 3D printed one, and a RCBS Gold Medal Seater, hooked together over one progressive station. Below the 3D printed parts....then a video to demonstrate.....

Sorry for the case wobble...did not change shell plates for the test.....it was just a feed and seat test....

Unfortunately.....no one makes a windowed seater for pistols yet or it would work for them too.

Notice I had to push one case back a little.....a real .223 shell holder holds em in place without having to watch....I get in a hurry sometimes with these videos. Character flaw!
    Last edited by GWS; 02-01-2024 at 05:09 PM.

Boolit Master

I have looked at both the Dillon and Hornady bullet feeder set ups
    Both are great
    Boy do I wish I loaded a lot of rifle ammo
    As then IMO it would be worth it
    I tried a friends Dillon 1050 with the case and bullet feeders to load 9mm with cast bullets
    WOW was it fast and great
    But the Dillon bullet feeder would every once in a while would feed a 145 gr flat nose TC bullet upside down

Bad part , I have more time than cash right now
    So I think I am going to order the LEE 9 mm feed die
    I just have to wait a week or 2
    As I pay off the credit card every month
    And I have spent this months Mad money already

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnch View Post
    I have looked at both the Dillon and Hornady bullet feeder set ups
    Both are great
    Boy do I wish I loaded a lot of rifle ammo
    As then IMO it would be worth it
    I tried a friends Dillon 1050 with the case and bullet feeders to load 9mm with cast bullets
    WOW was it fast and great
    But the Dillon bullet feeder would every once in a while would feed a 145 gr flat nose TC bullet upside down

Bad part , I have more time than cash right now
    So I think I am going to order the LEE 9 mm feed die
    I just have to wait a week or 2
    As I pay off the credit card every month
    And I have spent this months Mad money already

John
    Good choice
    Here's some vid reviews:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bullet+feeder+
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Jmorris has such a thing, but that company's product was so expensive that sales were not enough to keep it going. I too thought that combining the two functions was the holy grail, so I made it happen for my Lee Pro 6000, at least for rifle....RCBS tube bullet feeder or a 3D printed one, and a RCBS Gold Medal Seater, hooked together over one progressive station. Below the 3D printed parts....then a video to demonstrate.....

Sorry for the case wobble...did not change shell plates for the test.....it was just a feed and seat test....

Unfortunately.....no one makes a windowed seater for pistols yet or it would work for them too.
    That is slick!!
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    I used to use the Hornady bullet feeder die. It now sits in a drawer since I made this bullet collator.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ullet-Collator

The bullet feeder dies found in the downloads work flawlessly. TylerR & GWS are the best tech support anywhere.
    I totally agree with this!!

Quote Originally Posted by hermans View Post
    I totally agree with this!!
    I totally agree with the TylerR part.....GWS is a mere disciple just trying to help where I can. TylerR is very busy with a wife and kids at home.....been there....mine have their own families now....so I have more time and try to ease the load as long as questions are on the easy side.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Jmorris posted about such a thing a few posts back, but that company's product was so expensive that sales were not enough to keep it going. I too thought that combining the two functions was the holy grail, so I made it happen for my Lee Pro 6000, at least for rifle....RCBS tube bullet feeder or a 3D printed one, and a RCBS Gold Medal Seater, hooked together over one progressive station. Below the 3D printed parts....then a video to demonstrate.....

Notice I had to push one case back a little.....a real .223 shell holder holds em in place without having to watch....I get in a hurry sometimes with these videos. Character flaw!
    Ah, I missed that. My main interest would be for pistol loading since that’s all I load progressively. By the way, that’s a great design.
    Last edited by jetinteriorguy; 02-02-2024 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    MA Systems used to have one that went with their collators. It is pneumatic and the fingers are not plastic and adjustable for tension, it works. See attached photo.

As do those GSI feeders. Even on 5 station presses you can retain the PC die and still seat and crimp in two steps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0BCCCBC0-3BCD-4101-BF11-11C819840FCB.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    MA Systems used to have one that went with their collators. It is pneumatic and the fingers are not plastic and adjustable for tension, it works. See attached photo.

As do those GSI feeders. Even on 5 station presses you can retain the PC die and still seat and crimp in two steps.

Pretty cool stuff, a little more involved than I have in mind.

Boolit Master
    I got the notion to try adapt the bullet feeder from my retired Loadmaster to work on my Dillon 550. I thought I had it pretty much figured out but discovered the finger feeder bar won’t clear the advancing star wheel without modifying the feeder to the point it would probably be too weak to hold the bullets. I may still give it a try when I have time to fool with it since I have several spare feeders and can afford to sacrifice one.

Boolit Mold
    Several vids of guys adapting Lee bullet feeders to 550's on youtube. Here's one.
    https://youtu.be/6qwcoLd2NPc

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ohio73 View Post
    Several vids of guys adapting Lee bullet feeders to 550's on youtube. Here's one.
    https://youtu.be/6qwcoLd2NPc
    Thanks for this, it figures I missed the obvious YouTube search.

Boolit Master
    Well I got the Lee bullet feeder mounted and working on my 550 then thanks to some tips from YouTube and a little Dremel work. Thanks for the suggestions, it’ll be nice not to have to fumble with my stiff old hands setting bullets manually in the case anymore.

Boolit Master

I ordered a LEE 35 cal bullet feeder set up
    It should be to me in a few days

I have several YouTube videos book marked where they use the LEE bullet feeder on a Dillon 550 press
    I will be watching them before I set up the feeder die on my Dillon 550

Thanks again
    John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12