RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $0.08 Primers

Boolit Master

Midway is running Remington 5 1/2 at .07 currently.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    I got the 2,000 SPP primers from Norma USA yesterday. Loaded up and shot a box of 38 Special today and they worked perfect. Good firing pin indentions. Don't look overly hard or soft. No leaks and they seat with the proper amount of force. So I placed another order for 10,000 just now. Couldn't make the promised 10% discount work but maybe it' not allowed for Sale items? Anyhow, you don't really need a further discount with Free Shipping and no HazMat charge. The total for 10,000 came up to just $527.39 delivered. Not likely to beat that anytime soon. Maybe the availability of these foreign primers will force the US makers down in price.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Three44s View Post
    I have been waiting for the return of Remington 6 1/2 for a very long time!

Just snagged three bricks from Natchez Shooters, on sale for $89 each plus a 5$ freight special and tax and hazmat. I knew I was paying through the "roof" but my 22 hornet project was eating bullets and every other small primer up to no avail!

No joy but hopefully less toil now!

Three44s
    You can't beat the 6 !/2s in the Hornet.

I got too used to buying a brick of primers for $11.00, when they went to $30.00, I felt I was being gouged.
    My primer reloading is going to more than pay for itself, but it is cutting into my wasted time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    You need to insure that the Argie primers are seated to the absolute bottom of the primer pocket. Doing so will usually eliminate any misfires.
    Does anyone know if these primers will function in glocks with oem striker springs.

Boolit Master
    A buddy went to the gun show in Hickory N.C last weekend. The price of primers were out of sight. Some large rifle primers were over $200 a thousand.

A local shop had Fiocchi large rifle for $189.95 for 1500. Ended up at $0.133 ea out the door. Thing is he had them and they are very scarce around here. Looks like this is what we are standing in, might just get deeper.

Boolit Master
    a while back I picked up a box of 1000 Remington 6 1/2 primers for $3.50, I think they put the wrong price sticker on it. they are supposedly only for use in lower pressure shells like 25-20, 32-20, 22 hornet. just to stay informed on things last week I went looking for primers and found quite a few and kind of shocked at prices from Grafs , mid south two places I know will actually send me the products that I order.

Not buying any more of these BS primers. 12 FTF out of a box of 50 is not good. I threw away 850 of them and have pulled 50 rounds, need to pull 50 more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Servicios Aventuras Dec 6 2023.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	323373

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall View Post
    Not buying any more of these BS primers. 12 FTF out of a box of 50 is not good. I threw away 850 of them and have pulled 50 rounds, need to pull 50 more.

Can't you try them in another gun? Seems unlikely they are 100% bad. Most of my primer issues have always been in a particular firearm. Would hate to see you throw away 850 primers that could eventually be used.

Boolit Master

I know people that are happy with that brand of primers.

Boolit Master

It may be that they are not fully seated. Some of the import primers I have found to be a little harder to seat fully than American make varieties. When I encounter this a second strike with a firing pin typically sets them off. I haven't used that particular brand, but I have heard very good things about them. So I suspect this is the problem.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    Our local hardware store, pretty much out of nowhere, suddenly has WLP at $69/1000, CCI LP and FLP Magnum at $80-something (last I looked). They also have large rifle, but at a price that makes me very happy that I don't need any.
    Is there any reason I can find small primers for 8 cents but large primers are twice that, if they can be found at all? They certainly do not cost twice as much to make.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 S&W Long, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 10mm, 44 Special 44 Magnum. .223, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 54R, .30-06, 45-70, .32, .36, .44. .45. .50. .54. .58 and .60 round ball and various minies. And .375 heel crimped conical for those .36 conversions . KB6MRP on Discord

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I know people that are happy with that brand of primers.
    So far used about 2000, but did have my first two misfires with them this past weekend. However I can possibly attribute that to my bad reloads. I have given up trying to reload 9mm for my Uberti Cattleman II, most won't seat deep enough to turn the cylinder, and if I try to crimp them or seat the bullet deep enough to go they can seat the primer isn't hit hard enough.

Problem solved with a S&W 986. Headspaces with the moon clip, EVERYTHING fits. In fact I can load 356-125-2R, crimp it in the groove and even that works.

Anybody else have these and want to sell them cheap I'll buy. Don't just throw them away!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 S&W Long, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 10mm, 44 Special 44 Magnum. .223, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 54R, .30-06, 45-70, .32, .36, .44. .45. .50. .54. .58 and .60 round ball and various minies. And .375 heel crimped conical for those .36 conversions . KB6MRP on Discord

I've got 4 or 5k S&B I got during last lull. Makes SRP. But were sold as SPP. Some of my pistols will use them fine, but I've found several, mainly striker fired don't set them off well at all, a couple 10%, a couple about 30%.... oh well, I'll use them somewere.... best to stick with known quantites...CCI Remington and Winchester

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    I've got 4 or 5k S&B I got during last lull. Makes SRP. But were sold as SPP. Some of my pistols will use them fine, but I've found several, mainly striker fired don't set them off well at all, a couple 10%, a couple about 30%.... oh well, I'll use them somewere.... best to stick with known quantites...CCI Remington and Winchester

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    maybe M1 carbine or carbines in .357 mag caliber. Many of these the SP primers are likely off the same line that makes them for 9x19 for both pistols and sub-machineguns.

Boolit Master
    I’ve seen LRP at Powder Valley twice this year, going for about $0.13. They have Remington 9 1/2 right now. I want to get a .358 Win some day in the future, so I want to buy LRP while I can, but I still feel stupid buying primers for a gun I don’t have. So, I tell myself I’d rather have a Ruger .480 and forget about it. Maybe I’ll be making more money in the future, so $0.20 each won’t be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    It may be that they are not fully seated. Some of the import primers I have found to be a little harder to seat fully than American make varieties. When I encounter this a second strike with a firing pin typically sets them off. I haven't used that particular brand, but I have heard very good things about them. So I suspect this is the problem.
    No anvils - not going to work period. I shot the same revolver with 450 Winchester primers and never had a single failure to fire. I think you are guessing stuff that is not true.

Boolit Master
    No anvils - not going to work period. I shot the same revolver with 450 Winchester primers and never had a single failure to fire. I think you are guessing stuff that is not true.
    Just sharing my experience. If they legitimately didn't have anvils, that is something to be upset about for sure! You didn't specify that they were found to not have anvils, so I was just guessing based on what I had experience with several different brands of import primers.

Out of curiosity, where did you buy them from, was it Powder Valley or another source? I wonder if they just got a bad batch in stock, as I have generally heard good things about that brand.

Also, good to see another Tulsa Guy on here.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    In the future I will checking for anvils. I had never thought a boxer primer would lack them. I wonder if the loading line confused a berdan order with one for boxer primers.

Boolit Mold
    Seeing these current prices I'm glad I bought 10,000 at $28 per 1000 during the Obama years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast