WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: $0.08 Primers

Boolit Master

$0.08 Primers

I found WLP primers at Academy Sports for $8/100. I grabbed 10. No powder this time though. Academy Sports has done well lately for prices on primers & powder.

Boolit Master

that seems to be the new normal for everything but lrp, for some reason they are always out of stock and about 100 a brick if you find them
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Our local hardware store, pretty much out of nowhere, suddenly has WLP at $69/1000, CCI LP and FLP Magnum at $80-something (last I looked). They also have large rifle, but at a price that makes me very happy that I don't need any.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Bub
    local academy has been getting $8 here for large and small primers. bass pro is about the same locally. like stated i think its going to be the new normal pricing. better than a couple smaller shops around here that want $15+ per hundred

Boolit Master
    I have been waiting for the return of Remington 6 1/2 for a very long time!

Just snagged three bricks from Natchez Shooters, on sale for $89 each plus a 5$ freight special and tax and hazmat. I knew I was paying through the "roof" but my 22 hornet project was eating bullets and every other small primer up to no avail!

No joy but hopefully less toil now!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    My closest store that has primers is 80 miles away. If I can't buy a full brick or two or three, I ain't going. A sleeve of 100 just isn't worth my time.

NormaUSA has the Argentinian SPP for $49.99 per 1000.
    No limits. No shipping over $150 and no Hazmat. Can’t beat it.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    I've bought several thousand of these and they're working fine in my Rossi 92 357, and S&W revolver.

Boolit Master

Got some of these when they first appeared on US market. First brick worked just fine. Second brick a month or so later, not so good: okay in the Rossi '92, but occasional FTFs in the SIG and I had to swap back to the stock hammer spring in the Ruger Match Champion. Paid the price for some CCIs from Powder Valley and problems disappeared.

Bill
    Last edited by Kraschenbirn; 01-29-2024 at 02:15 PM.
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    Got some of these when they first appeared on US market. First brick worked just fine. Second brick a month or so later, not so good: okay in the Rossi '92, but occasional FTFs in the SIG and I had to swap back to the stock hammer spring in the Ruger Match Champion. Paid the price for some CCIs from Powder Valley and problems disappeared.

Bill
    You need to insure that the Argie primers are seated to the absolute bottom of the primer pocket. Doing so will usually eliminate any misfires.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

I have been on NormaUSA site 3 time today and cannot even find a listing for primers. james

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I have been on NormaUSA site 3 time today and cannot even find a listing for primers. james
    I had to go to their search box and type primers, they are there

Boolit Grand Master
    Jon posted about those primers. I came close to ordering some but will wait a bit longer as I still have a lot.

When Winchester or Federal primers get to that price, I plan on buying more…a lot more.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    It's slowly getting better. One of the two wholesalers I buy from finally listed primers again in their latest catalog. They aren't necessarily in stock but they stopped even listing them for the past several years. Some American made brands are getting down to the mid $60's per 1,000 for SPP. But they hit your hard with shipping/hazmat so you have to order at least 10,000 and 20,000 is way better to get a competitive price. Amazingly the wholesalers charge a LOT more for shipping/Hazmat than regular on-line retail sources. But LRP are still all but extinct. I fail to understand why a few don't leak out the door of the producers. If they can make one size, they can make another - it's the same process.

Boolit Master
    I just ordered 2 cartons. Before placing the order, I kept experimenting with changing the quantity to see what impact it had on Shipping cost and apparently you get the Free Shipping as soon as you order 2! So I placed the order for just 2,000 primers for $99.98 and the total with Tax was $105.48 I would normally order no less that 5,000 but want to try these out for reliability 1st.

Boolit Master
    I went to the local Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday to do a price check. It was a sad sight in the reloading section mostly bare shelves that they tried to hide by spreading what little they had to cover as much shelf space as possible. Primers were behind the counter. They only had small pistol and small rifle and they were $120 for 1500, right at your $0.08 in your title.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Now they followed up with an email saying I get 10% off my next order. If these Argentina primers work, this may be the ticket to halfway affordable shooting for now. I'll need to load up a bunch of 38 Special as soon as they come in and do some testing. With the list price being $50/1,000 that would put them down to $45.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    They are in the BLOWOUT section:

https://normausa.com/product/blowout...-in-argentina/
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    Local shop I stop in now and then had a screen showing whole sale pricing on primers. Most every size and type available.

Rem basically $95/1000, Win $75.00/1000. Let them sit, wait for the pipe to fill and watch prices start dropping. Doubt we'll see the $20/30 a brick again.

Boolit Bub
    I just picked up 500 WLP primers from Academy for $8/100. Outrageous, but the one local shop I found them at wanted $11/100. Unfortunately I think the days of $23/1000 that I paid back in 2016 at a LGS are long gone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast