Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Mold Prices at Midway

Boolit Grand Master
    I have to say that while at first I thought somebody was making a mountain out of a mole hill in price comparisons, I was surprised to find that it was absolutely the case that Midways prices were 10-20% higher than at some of the other online dealers. Graf and sons had the the Lyman 311-291 for 89.99, Midway 99.99, while Midsouth has it for 83.99. Saeco 4 cavities were 219.99 at Graf, 269.99 at Midway. I guess somebody has to pay for the fishing lures and camping supplies.
    It's too bad, because I had purchased most of my reloading supplies from them for nearly 30 years from the 80's until the 2000's, but I will certainly checking prices elsewhere on anything I need before hitting the "add to cart" icon.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I have source knowledge of big box stores raising prices just because people were expecting inflation. “They’re expecting inflation, so let’s give it to them!” I’m buying less and seeking out value. Those greedy voices can go pound sand. I was considering a steel .45 Colt sizing die, but the price jumped about $15 while the item was in my cart. So, I’m not buying that steel die - carbide is good enough and so is a used die. They raise their prices, but they don’t pay their people any more. I’m done.

I use to buy every month thru midway. Would get the flyer and fill out the back and send a check. Then ordering online and knowing something was in stock was great. Prices were always good and usually had what I needed. NOW, I do a lot more shopping around because midways prices are really higher than other’s. I still order from midway but only about 10% of what I use to.
    Retired Redleg
    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, I don't mind going out the same way.

I have used Titan, Midway, Amazon and E-Bay, Mid South, Precision, Track of the Wolf, Muzzle Loaders. Com and Many Forums as suppliers of molds. I have learned 1) Stick with LEE they are generally the "Budget Mold" as for SAECO, NOE, RCBS, LYMAN there are a few more "Custom" others I scream from, prices are insane when LEE does the same job, as for the many suppliers, well E-Bay buy it now, if price is reasonable Forums are the same if price is reasonable. as for the others some might be running a sale, or I may have a coupon code, knocking anything from 15% to free shipping. I am currently looking at a Swede Mold .264 6.5 for my Arisaka double cav $32 I think ship is included. OF COURSE I broke in with COOVID and a round ball .490 USED folks had $129 plus $69 ship, I did not do it then I aint gonna pay now either

Boolit Master
    lying larrys family or whoever runs it now is on the make. tac powder for 8lbs is $294 everywhere midway wants $374 i buy nothing from them

Boolit Master
    I go to Midway first. Primarily because I find their website easier to find things. Then I search the other favorite sites for prices.
    Occasionally, Midway has smoking deals. And sometimes free shipping.

During COVID and the "shortage" I was on the list for primers for over 2 years at Midway. Never came to the top of the list or got a notice of availability. Wrote to them many times, got corporatespeak answers.

Don't think that I bought from them since. I often wonder why they never contacted me about my not buying, since I bought almost everything from them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky146 View Post
    I have used Titan, Midway, Amazon and E-Bay, Mid South, Precision, Track of the Wolf, Muzzle Loaders. Com and Many Forums as suppliers of molds. I have learned 1) Stick with LEE they are generally the "Budget Mold" as for SAECO, NOE, RCBS, LYMAN there are a few more "Custom" others I scream from, prices are insane when LEE does the same job, as for the many suppliers, well E-Bay buy it now, if price is reasonable Forums are the same if price is reasonable. as for the others some might be running a sale, or I may have a coupon code, knocking anything from 15% to free shipping. I am currently looking at a Swede Mold .264 6.5 for my Arisaka double cav $32 I think ship is included. OF COURSE I broke in with COOVID and a round ball .490 USED folks had $129 plus $69 ship, I did not do it then I aint gonna pay now either
    lol Lee doesnt do the same job.I have never had to fix a rcbs lyman or any other mould just to get it to run.

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    I have source knowledge of big box stores raising prices just because people were expecting inflation. “They’re expecting inflation, so let’s give it to them!” I’m buying less and seeking out value. Those greedy voices can go pound sand. I was considering a steel .45 Colt sizing die, but the price jumped about $15 while the item was in my cart. So, I’m not buying that steel die - carbide is good enough and so is a used die. They raise their prices, but they don’t pay their people any more. I’m done.
    I think the retail stores responded to higher interest rates more directly than inflation. Either due to their own cost to borrow or because if I can make 5% in safe, guaranteed interest return from banks or bonds from government entities OR 3% by investing in a bunch of inventory then I'm likely to increase prices to where return from inventory investment is closer to low risk interest based investments.

I don't figure much of that increase goes to workers who despite consistent large increases in worker productivity wages haven't reflected that, or really kept up with inflation over last few decades.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Tripplebeards, I put those grips on my super wrangler and they look and feel a thousand times better than factory plastics. Can't count how many things showed up smashed in a plastic trash bag mailer from midway in the last few years. Would a box really kill your bottom line?Frustrating for sure.

In the late 90's early 2000's, I bought a ton from Midway. Now, I rarely even search their site, let alone make any purchases. Their prices have gone up considerably and their sales are much less attractive to me. I tend to do more business with Midsouth, Grafs, and occasionally Brownells.

I’ve scrolled through the powder section and I came away feeling very wealthy.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12