Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: My first NOE mould.

Boolit Master

My first NOE mould.

Last week, I purchased from Joe (aka putnro01) a used NOE 412-237 Elmer Keith edition mould. This is the first time I have had one of the NOE moulds. The mould came to me super fast, and very well packaged. Thankyou Joe. Today , I cast up a couple hundred boolits with this mould. After a preheat, and three full pours, the moulds started dropping perfect and beautiful boolits. The boolits dropped right at 237 grains with my alloy of 50/50 +2% tin. If I had another chance to purchase a NOE mould, I wouldn't hesitate. Great moulds, beautifully crafted and they drop great boolits.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

Boolit Master

There is nothing so beautiful, and easy to use, as a well-made brass mold - after the struggle of using decent aluminum and steel molds, which you will continue to do if you have those. Affordability is one of the drawbacks. Once you go brass, there is nothing else quite like them.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Can't do the brass, my wrists and hands won't allow it.

I have that same mold. The bullits shoot very accurately for me.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

That's what I'm hoping. They are "fine" lookin boolits.

Boolit Grand Master

NOE is still in business ... you can order right from them ... and get this ...
    they will run a design for you and you can modify the mould to your wishes , needs , wants ... Just one thing ... they is Addictive and Habit forming.

I ordered one mould just to see what all the Hoop-Lah was about and before I knew it ... I had 8 new NOE moulds .... it's just insane what they make you do .

I have 2 Elmer Keith Signature Series moulds one in 38/357 and one in 41 magnum ... and I just keep them on my desk ... Beautiful Works of Art ... I can't bring myself to muck them up ... yeah I got replacements but not Keith Signature series ... just plain 38/357 and 41 magnum for casting ...
    that's insane / insanity at it's best / worst ... right !
    Be careful with NOE's ... they are a bad/good habit !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I understand, lol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    NOE is still in business ... you can order right from them ... and get this ...
    they will run a design for you and you can modify the mould to your wishes , needs , wants ... Just one thing ... they is Addictive and Habit forming.

I ordered one mould just to see what all the Hoop-Lah was about and before I knew it ... I had 8 new NOE moulds .... it's just insane what they make you do .

I have 2 Elmer Keith Signature Series moulds one in 38/357 and one in 41 magnum ... and I just keep them on my desk ... Beautiful Works of Art ... I can't bring myself to muck them up ... yeah I got replacements but not Keith Signature series ... just plain 38/357 and 41 magnum for casting ...
    that's insane / insanity at it's best / worst ... right !
    Be careful with NOE's ... they are a bad/good habit !
    Gary
    You got molds signed by Elmer?

Boolit Master

I believe it's a close facsimile there of. These moulds were made long after Elmer passed
    on. I believe they were laser etched. Looks cool though.
    Last edited by littlejack; 01-27-2024 at 02:27 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by littlejack View Post
    I believe it's a close facsimile there of. These moulds were made long after Elmer passed
    on. I believe they were laser etched. Looks cool though.

Right ... the Mould has a "reproduction" of Elmer Keith's Signature engraved into the side of the mould ... I'm not sure how the engraving was done ... but it looks awesome .
    I wish I could take photo's and post picture but no camera, landline phone and I forgot how to post photo's ... 70+ years old and computer Illiterate ... Maybe when wife gets back ...
    I hate it when they leave me with no adult supervision .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Lol, Same with me Gary. My wife is the computer whiz of the house. She amazes me how she can negotiate around on computers. She even made programs at her work place. She tells me that reloading ammunition, figuring out ballistics, working up loads,
    casting perfect boolits is science, and he wouldn't know where to start. I didnt tell her i felt the same way almost 60 years ago when I started.

Please don’t visit NOE’S website if you know what’s good for your financial well-being. Bought one a few years ago to upgrade from a Lee mold I was playing with. Easily a member of the 1k club now and would expect I have spent much more than that on his site. The molds are beautiful and cast amazing bullets. When a shooting buddy starts talking of a new gun or caliber, first thing I do I’d pull up the website and find a mold. Have 9 of his molds so far and just ordered another this evening. Unless I can’t find something, noe are the only molds I buy now.
    Retired Redleg
    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, I don't mind going out the same way.

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not cast much, but when I do, I want the best mold I can buy.

That may not be a viable strategy for a person who wants over 50 molds. IMO for the bullets you use in large quantities cost is secondary. Quantity and ease of use are important when you shoot thousands a year.

Glad to hear the NOE mold has worked well for you. Learn from the experience.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I’ve been running NOE molds for years . Personally I think they are great molds and they offer the same great customer service! I highly recommend them.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

I got my first one and the next thing I knew they made me a member of the $1000 club. After that they don't tell you just how bad your addiction is. With the molds and gizmos, like sizers, GC seaters, and expanders I'm not sure I want to know. Lol.

Swede is great to work with.

Yes, I am also addicted! I have Noe molds, sizers, expanders, gc seaters, even a NOE mold guide.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master

I got my lead and wheel weights for free - by scrounging - so much so that I switched to cast for all but long-distance hunting bullets. Now, "most of the fun" is close range and lead-alloy, which I cast. I converted my entire handgun reloading regime to cast boolits. "Free" lead-alloy means the purchase of molds, heaters, lubes, sizers, etc. So, there was no "free lunch" in switching to cast - just more shooting and more fun. After I found the correct combinations of lead-alloy, BHN, and velocity, I switched a number of long guns to cast exclusively. My shooting went up with cast. I am having a TON of fun. NOE brass molds make the exercise of casting so much more enjoyable that I do it seemingly effortlessly and stay at it much longer increasing stockpiles of cast boolits along the way.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    NOE has a sale right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    There is nothing so beautiful, and easy to use, as a well-made brass mold - after the struggle of using decent aluminum and steel molds, which you will continue to do if you have those. Affordability is one of the drawbacks. Once you go brass, there is nothing else quite like them.
    you are so correct. I love my brass 316-299 mold from NOE. I find brass and iron/steel is better than aluminum. Even though the majority of my molds are aluminum I find the NOE aluminum ones need a few uses to break in correctly. Once they are they are great.