RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon "No BS Warranty"...it really is true.

Dillon "No BS Warranty"...it really is true.

I hope this doesn’t sound like a Taylor Swift fan letter, but I am compelled to post my experience and thanks for going above and beyond Dillon's “No BS Warranty”.
    My customer number is 19XX (current number is around 50,000 from what I understand), so I have been a customer for many years. My memory tells me that I purchased a 450 originally 25 or 30 years ago (maybe even longer), and it was upgraded to a 550b at some point. As a high volume shooter, I have loaded hundreds of thousands of rounds on this press and have replaced a few parts here and there over the years....always at no charge. Not a big deal...they were mostly small parts.
    Through my own ignorance, in trying to replace a part, I cracked the frame of the press. In calling Dillon's tech support, they suggested I simply pack it up and return it for repair. I fully expected to pay for the replacement of the frame and associated parts because the damage was MY fault. 100%.
    I sent it back and patiently waited. A couple of weeks later, I received notification of shipment. What I did NOT receive was a notice that I owed money for the repair. Again, because this was MY mistake, I fully expected to pay for the repair, and it would only have been fair to pay for it. But nooooooooooo….. Dillon's “No BS Warranty” is exactly that. No BS....and boy was I full of BS in my efforts to replace a part.
    I eagerly watched the tracking and waited for delivery…..it came to me packed securely in a box with an invoice….for ZERO dollars. I felt like a kid on Christmas Day!
    In my earlier working life, I ran a 300 employee manufacturing company and I also managed a large retail sporting goods company. I learned that there are precious few companies that 1) make and sell top quality equipment and 2) stand behind their products with unsurpassed customer service as they do. I can’t thank them enough for first, making the best reloading equipment on the planet, and secondly, standing behind it 100%...even in the face of people making stupid mistakes like I did.
    If you ever want to buy a new progressive reloading press, Dillon is, without a doubt, the best on the market. More expensive? Yes it is. But quality always costs more....and you will never get better customer service.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Dillon has set the bar so high, many mfg's are much better than in other areas. Lee, RCBS and Hornady are not too bad, by Dillon's example. Although the others have had history of obsoleting more machines. Lifetime of support is different than lifetime of the equipment.

Kind of wish they made a truck, one could use as a truck, with a lifetime warranty, they certainly wouldn't go down in value as much as all the ones these days do.. Maybe even a diner where you buy one meal and eat the rest of your life for free...

I'll be honest and didn't see it lasting that long and the prices have gone up but there is a reason they can still get asking price and have a back log of orders. My first SD was $120, that was a lot back then though, <$0.70/gal for gas back then.
    Last edited by jmorris; 01-24-2024 at 12:13 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good to hear. I had a 550 that I wanted to send back for a rebuild but the lady I talked to refused to help me. I was willing to pay for the parts and labor…but no way. I ended up purchasing the parts and doing it myself

I had owned three 1050’s, two 550’s, two SD’s, a 650, and an SL 900 so was a bit irritated. I still think highly of their metallic presses, but the SL900 is not very good. I am down to a 1050 and 550 and still recommend them.

Maybe the lady I dealt with was having a bad day.
    Don Verna

I got a used 1980's SDB many years old from a friend and it had a clicking sound so I sent it to Dillon for a going over., a week or so later - They sent me a new press. Can't beat Dillon! I own 4 Dillon presses. First press was a new 550b back in early 90's. Later I got 2 SDB's and a 650 all used.
    Last edited by Big Wes; 01-24-2024 at 08:41 AM.
    "Hollow Points"-"From Those Who Care Enough To Send The Very Best"

Boolit Master

the 1050's and up are not covered by the no bs warranty because they are considered commercial machines, just fyi
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Dillon has replaced numerous small parts over the years on the two SDB's and the 550B I've owned. One of the SDB'S ended up with a cracked frame. They suggested sending it back for rebuild. Pretty sure they sent me a new unit. Sold that one to a buddy. I still have one SDB and a 550B. Don't use them much, but not likely to get rid of either one anytime soon.

They are just too good a tool.

Only issue I ever had with Dillon was years ago, I was in their show room shortly after the SL900 hit the market. I asked a guy about changing from 8 point crimp to 6 point. He told me quite rudely that their never were any 6 point crimped 12 gauge shells.

Guess he never loaded any paper hulls or hunting loads.

Still like to load Federal paper hulls when I get my hands on them. They just smell so good.

A manly cologne
    Last edited by 15meter; 01-24-2024 at 09:16 AM.

Boolit Master

Dillon continues to honor warranties for all 3 of my 550s (all bought used) & all I hear from their reps is “what’s your address? Parts will be in the mail by tomorrow”
    No BS is truly no BS…however, getting hold of a rep? be patient is all I can say
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    I have a 550b, bought about 2002 and an SD that I got used a couple years ago. So far I don't know whether their no bs warranty is good or not as I have never had any issues with either.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    the 1050's and up are not covered by the no bs warranty because they are considered commercial machines, just fyi
    Plus the price of parts will clean your clock. Still a very good machine but need your wallet open if there's a problem

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Good to hear. I had a 550 that I wanted to send back for a rebuild but the lady I talked to refused to help me. I was willing to pay for the parts and labor…but no way. I ended up purchasing the parts and doing it myself

I had owned three 1050’s, two 550’s, two SD’s, a 650, and an SL 900 so was a bit irritated. I still think highly of their metallic presses, but the SL900 is not very good. I am down to a 1050 and 550 and still recommend them.

Maybe the lady I dealt with was having a bad day.
    Are you sure you dialed the correct phone number??

Boolit Grand Master

I have rebuilt the guide rails on my SDB press at least 5 times with parts from Dillon that were sent free of charge. The BEST customer service in the industry!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Mold
    years ago (1988) I started reloading on a Rockchucker and a Dillion 450 "B" jr . always had q? that were promptly answered by both Co. They were always helpful with new purchases and setups for their machines ( not as much info online back then as is now) Lost it ALL (relaoding , casting ,Molds Lubreisizers , and guns ) in a divorce. after 15 years out of it I've been ramping up this last Year Bought a used dillion450 with a couple of setups and a broken powder Measure Dillion replaced the powder hopper at no charge and helped find all correct missing parts. i wish they weren't so expensive but I think their costumer service is great.

Boolit Master
    ask to speak to someone else, or be stealthy and call again another time and when you get a different person, ask the same question. There are rare occasions that Dillon has an employee that just doesn't get it.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Pete View Post
    ask to speak to someone else, or be stealthy and call again another time and when you get a different person, ask the same question. There are rare occasions that Dillon has an employee that just doesn't get it.
    Good advice. It cost me less than $50 IIRC so it was a not big deal, but it was disappointing to get the run around. I would have understood if I had sent back a few machines and was trying to use them.

Like I said, I am still a Dillon fan boy.
    Don Verna

Some people are complete... well, you know...I have had this on multiple occasions.
    Some people will bend over backwards to help you, you never know.
    Perhaps the jerks are just having a bad day, been there myself, you never know.
    I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it is really hard.

Boolit Bub
    I have no blue presses but testimonials like this one makes me think I need to get one or more.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nidrab View Post
    I have no blue presses but testimonials like this one makes me think I need to get one or more.
    IMO, having owned many of them, the parts that fail are cheap little plastic bits due to old age and crystallizing and getting brittle. I have never broken a “major” part. Compared to what ease is out there, they are very reliable and easy to set up/use.

You will not regret getting one, but if you do, they sell rapidly and you will not lose much.

I no longer shoot as much as I used to and have done a lot of downsizing. If I was forced to only have two metallic presses, the Co-Ax and Dillon 550 would be my choices. I like having the others, but I would be fine with those two.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I cracked a 550b frame and took a photo and e mailed without talking to anyone. They sent me repair parts on their dime.---I bought two more.

Boolit Buddy
    I was changing calibers on my 550b (bought used maybe fifteen years or so ago from the club I belong to) a couple of years ago, and had set the powder measure on the floor. At some point I rolled back in my chair, and the wheel of the chair caught the powder measure activator rod and rolled with it. Flipped the measure up and right back down hard on the hard base of the chair. Broke the see-through plastic hopper. I took pictures, and sent them an e-mail asking how much it would cost to repair. Told them exactly how it happened. They said send it in. I did, and a week or so later I got a new one, with a taller hopper back. No charge.

Boolit Master
    I'm at the point in life my Dillons are going outlast me . In 40 years I've only needed a couple small things. I keep them clean, lubed. and go a little slower so I don't tear stuff up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast