Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Cast in 300 Blackout?

Cast in 300 Blackout?

I MIGHT be getting a bolt action rifle in this caliber - the only mold I have is a NOE .314 mold I sized down to .311 for 7.62x39mm, and I'll bet that won't quite work. Just in case, any suggestions? Favorite loads? I have mostly TAC powder. Just in case.

Boolit Master
    I have the Lee 230 gr spitzer mold that PC does well. I have a Accurate, I think, 4 cavity 190 gr GC mold that shoots sub one inch all day long out of my Savage Axis 2. It also shoots 125 gr Speer TNTs HPs and 220 Sierra BTHPs in a cloverleaf at 100 yds, crazy accurate.

Boolit Buddy

I've had great success with the MP 180gr Sil mold out of my 10 inch barrel.

Boolit Master

I have tried both of the Lee 7.62X39 boolits in my 300 and the ranch dog square nosed one just for kicks.The Tumble lubed 165g boolit was too fat in the nose section and did not like to chamber, My rifle is a side charging ar from KM Tactical the boolit is powder coated which I know adds some to the diameter. But the 155 g regular lube groove boolit showed some potential for being useful also powder coated and sized in a .311 push through die. The ranch dog boolit needed to be nose sized at .308 to chamber and even then didn't always feed nice. I have some of the 230g pointed slugs. cast up and intend to play with them at some point. I also found a stash of 160 g original 309 boolits that I must have cast 15 or 20 years ago that I want to shoot up. That was the first bullet mold I ever bought.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Buddy
    I don't believe TAC is going to work well. It's too slow. I have used 1680, H110, and Lil'gun.

I never got good accuracy with the 155 AK boolit, but did well with 311299 at between 1600 and 1700 fps. Coated with hiteck w/o a check or greased and gas checked gave the same accuracy.

Boolit Grand Master

I shoot the Lee C312-155-2R sized to .310 and lubed with Carnauba red. 14.5 grains of IMR 4227 gives 1,733 FPS average in my 16 inch AR.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Thanki you, definitely a starting point

CFE Black is the only powder for this caliber as far as I am concerned. It does everything the other powders do, but with less pressure. This equals better sound suppression. (You ARE using a suppressor, correct?)

I have only just acquired a single-shot H&R in this caliber a few weeks ago, so I haven't had much time loading for it yet. But as a single-shot, I don't have to worry about feed profiles or such. So far, I've used 220 grain Blue Bullets and 220 grain Berry's and some 110 grain Berry's M1 Carbine projectiles and some Hornady 150 grain M80 FMJ. Pushing the little M1 Carbine 110 Berry's at about 1000 fps suppressed really well and sounded only slightly louder than a suppressed .22! These are pretty much duplicates of Full Lead Taco's "bunny fart" loads he has described on his YouTube channel.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

I am shooting the noe 225 grain over h110.

Quote Originally Posted by atfsux View Post
    CFE Black is the only powder for this caliber as far as I am concerned. It does everything the other powders do, but with less pressure. This equals better sound suppression. (You ARE using a suppressor, correct?) No, wasn't even considering it. I don't have the extra funds/patience to play the NFA game, but if I change my mind, the rifle I am looking at is threaded for one.

I have only just acquired a single-shot H&R in this caliber a few weeks ago, so I haven't had much time loading for it yet. But as a single-shot, I don't have to worry about feed profiles or such. So far, I've used 220 grain Blue Bullets and 220 grain Berry's and some 110 grain Berry's M1 Carbine projectiles and some Hornady 150 grain M80 FMJ. Pushing the little M1 Carbine 110 Berry's at about 1000 fps suppressed really well and sounded only slightly louder than a suppressed .22! These are pretty much duplicates of Full Lead Taco's "bunny fart" loads he has described on his YouTube channel.
    Thank you for the info - locallly we have a bunch of CFE Black, but I am still not sure if I am going to be able to get the rifle or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled bullet View Post
    I am shooting the noe 225 grain over h110.
    Thank you, looks great.