Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Case Size Lube

Case Size Lube

Didn't know where to put this so I'll start here. I usually use lanolin mixed 8:1 or 10:1 with Heat as a case sizing lube but I'm always looking for alternatives for when you run out. Has anybody used that Herman Survivors Mink oil for sizing rifle cases? I know guys use other mink oils but I've never heard Herman mentioned. I like the lanolin but I like to keep my eyes open for alteenatives. Thanks, Mike.

Boolit Master
    Imperial...or Dry!!!!

I haven’t. I use Imperial or Hornady One Shot.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Buddy
    I use either imperial or homemade as you describe, depends on what I am doing with it.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    In a pinch, pilfer your wife's Pledge furniture spray. Mist it from about 2ft away. Once sizing is complete give it a bath in hot water with a shot of Dawn DWD.
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

I've heard about Pledge and HAVE used it. It wors OK too. I was just wondering about the Hermans brand of mink oil because I knew a guy who was a BIG reloader who used mink and I found soeplace that sells the Herman brand pretty cheap. I've used several types myself but hadn't heard anybody comment about Herman brand, only Kiwi brand.

Quote Originally Posted by jbltwin1 View Post
    Didn't know where to put this so I'll start here. I usually use lanolin mixed 8:1 or 10:1 with Heat as a case sizing lube but I'm always looking for alternatives for when you run out. Has anybody used that Herman Survivors Mink oil for sizing rifle cases? I know guys use other mink oils but I've never heard Herman mentioned. I like the lanolin but I like to keep my eyes open for alteenatives. Thanks, Mike.
    Okay here is what I use for case lube for the last 5 years. It's electricians wire wax. A bottle will cost about 8 bucks at Home Depot and about 9 at Lowes.

Mix this 1/3 electricians wax and 2/3 91% rubbing alcohol. Shake well, and there you go. One bottle will last you years. Never had a case stuck in a die.

ACC

Electricians wax? Is that the stuff we used to use for lubing THHN when we pulled it through conduit?

Boolit Master
    I bought a bunch of the RCBS lube years ago and have yet to use it all. Never tried anything else.

Boolit Master
    Imperial,imperial,imperial!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Bub
    i use home made lanolin/ alcohol mix, hornady one shot, or Hornady Unique Case Lube. all three are are easy to find or make, and work well on about everything.